META: Hi, this is the To-Do-List of the OSCEdays Organizing Community. The Post is a Wiki. Feel free to add stuff. You can also add stuff by Replying in a comment.
These are things we need to get done urgently in the next days AND we do not have anyone doing them already. Please move back down to general to-dos when they are done/ taken care of.
(Please us this format: thing to-do, deadline, coordinator)
- How many people will fit in, how many do we expect?
- What still needs to be done to make this work-in-progress-site usable? Toilets? Fire exits? Drinking water&electricity? Lamps, electric outlets, beamer, internet? Seating, tables? Wallspace for posters? materials still needed? other… ?
- When do we do the physical preparation for the setting up on the 9.? Do we need helpers?
- who is organising the setting up on the 9th? who will be there to help?
- who is in charge of the waste management/ zero waste event?
- who will be in charge of the toying area? Where do we get the tools from? How can we store them safely? Who will be in charge of safety/ instructing users? Do we need any materials? Where from? Who will get them? Any costs attached?
- What do the Challengers need to bring to the event (office stuff, equipment…)? Who will let them know?
- Do we need a car at some point? Whohas an overview over necessary logistics?
- Do any of the challenges require special materials that they can’t bring themselves?
- Stage manager for the mini conference
#OPEN TASKS & QUESTIONS
These to-dos should move to the priority list at some point if there isn’t anyone in charge already.
Question: Information about the Place: Agora - Kindl Area: Walking distance to Agora Mittelweg, 2000 m2 inside/ how many outside? preliminary floor plan further down.
Event Infrastructure: storage for valuables there may be a storage for speakers’ / workshop organizers’ valuabels/ heavy items such as tools
Toying & Workshop Area - We will have a hacking/ toying area. We will build machines from the precious plastics project and a lot more.
Time: When do we open/ close doors ? CRCLRlab is responsible, right @simonlee ?
Room Plan & Program Schedule - In a meeting we decided to have a big plan of the building on the wall with the program for the day that can be edited during the day - like in a barcamp. We need to build this plan. And hang a URL to the digital program next to it. goo.gl/WqZeJJ
People in charge for certain tasks during the event? – Let’s have someone in charge for different tasks during the event (while we all feel responsible, only someone to keep an eye on/ an overview over a specific, well-defined area of responsibility, e.g. participant information, nice atmosphere, technical support, press…) Desposit a list of people resposible at an agreed place, e.g. the storage room (inclunding phone-no)
Logistics: Do we need a car at some point? Who is in charge of logistics?
Materials & Tools Do any of the challenges require special materials? Will they bring it themselves, do they need help? Where do we get tools from this time? It didn’t work well last time to borrow them, we should not try that again: Not enough control who is taking them where.
Documentation Do we have a team that takes care of the documentation of the event? > PLEASE VISIT THE DOCUMENTATION TEAM
Insurance What about insurance? Are we covered by CRCLRlab?
Fluchtwege How about safety (Fluchtwege)? What is the max legal number of people?
First Aid What about accidents during workshops? Do we have first aid kit and clean space?
###FOOD & DRINK
Food & Drink source? http://community.oscedays.org/t/food-challenges-oscedays-2016
Food Infrastructure? do we need cups/ bottles/ cutlery etc.? do we need to handle money (=have a safe place to store it and someone trustworthy to be in charge)? @friederike
Press Who is in charge to coordinate press contacts and press information? - Ask the media team
Help Desk/Greeting Area should we have a help&greeting desk/zone for participants and speakers? How did it work last time?
We were discussing a board on the wall - like in a barcamp people can go there to see, what is coming up next. And also add new sessions. The board though still needs to be build. In an elegant, interactive and circular way.
Something Else Do we need anything more in terms of information on display for
participants? Signs, logos, floorplan, or little displays with challenge
names for the tables etc? name&interest stickers for participants? contact board (for offline messages on site)?
#SOLVED & ANSWERED
- Legal Entity in Charge?
- Finances: How much money do we need (minimum)? What do we need the money for (priorities)? How much money do we have? Who are our sponsors? Are there any strings attached/ What is their interest in sponsoring us? // Information on finances is kept by ?? The calculations should be documented transparently in the owncloud again (please ask @cameralibre for access).
Lars2i: My perspective: The situation this year is a bit different. The official organizer is the CRCLR lab - mostly represented by @simonlee. The CRCLR lab provides us the space/platform to run our event. They will also finance everything needed and do all the work with the sponsors. So it is not really a community financed situation here. More like a service provided to the community by the CRCLR lab. I am pretty sure they will be as transparent as they can with everything. But I don’t think they will run everything 100% transparent when it comes to finance, because they have other partner commitments overlapping and so on. But I personally trust them 100%, I know, they will not make a profit out of OSCEdays and reinvest everything back into the community and event. So if questions are popping up about stuff to pay for, direct your questions towards @simonlee
- Time chief? – Who will keep an overview on the events/ timeline?
- Flyers & Posters Will we have a leaflet/ Flyer/ poster to distribute?
- Printed Program Will there be a printed program?
Most likely not. Because we want to encourage Barcamp like spontaneous challenges too. There will be a big plan - a board - in the entrance area where people can look up what is going on where and when. Also we should hang a short URL with the program to the wall. goo.gl/WqZeJJ