[PUBLIC WIKI] Circular Textile Challenges Berlin 2016

Hey! Nice to see you here.
Please feel free to take a look at our topics this year and be part of one of the teams dealing with the issues of today’s textile industry in order to create a circular economy based on open source collaboration.

• Please register for the free event through Eventbrite. -
    During OSCE Days 2016, the #circulartextiles community will ask the following:

#Challenges and related Questions:

Business Models
0. NEMONA (team N)
N1. Could the fashion network NEMONA be successfully developed as a multi-label brand?
N2. Which are the most important aspects in the development of a business case “multi-label brand NEMONA"?
Full Challenge overview

Circular Materials and Open Source Design (teams MD)
1. The Post-Couture Collective
MD1. Which open processes allow designers to spread and optimize circular design development and use of innovative materials?
MD2. How can software and platforms be developed further to ease material selection and design strategies for circular products?

Future Retail Models and Customer Communication
2. Filippa K (teams F):
F1. How can brands inspire circular consumption? What will be new physical store experiences in 2020 that encourage circular behaviour?
F2. How can second hand be developed further to compete with traditional retail in 2020?
F3. What does a wardrobe look like in 2020 when optimized to circular behaviour?

Recovery & Recycling
3. Circle Economy (teams C):
C1. What will be the most beneficial and effortless logistic systems that will optimize the recovery of textiles in 2020?
C2. Which customer convenient textile collecting system will optimize recovery through providing also benefits to businesses?

##/ Programme /
#THURSDAY, 9th of June

17:00 OSCE doors open.
Opening, Challenge Fair, Sustainability Drinks opening event, see GENERAL programme

#FRIDAY, June 10th

10:00 GENERAL morning assembly
10:30-11:00 introduction to #circulartextiles Challenges/ 15min each

11:30-13:30 parallel sessions

• barcamp dicussion tables (all Challenges) -> summary
  • intense/ ‘design thinking’ teams (teams MD, F):
  • 11:30 intro, understand
  • 12:30 observe + POV
  • 13:00-13:30 ideate

13:30 /lunch/
13:30-14:30 gallery of interim findings incl. feedback grid
14:30 pitches of intense/ ‘design thinking’ teams (90sec/ team)
15:00 impulse speeches (2x 15min, speakers tba)

15:30-17:30 parallel sessions

• intense/ ‘design thinking’ teams (teams MD):
  • 15:30 prototype
  • 16:00 test
  • 16:30 re-think
  • 17:00 document -> summary
  • intense/ ‘design thinking’ teams (teams F):
  • 15:30 ideate -> filter
  • 16:30 prototype

17:30 pitches of all teams (2min each + 3min “I like, I wish”- feedback)
18:00 reflection, next steps, commitment

18:30 /informal feedback + beer/

19:00 gallery of (interim) findings incl. feedback grid

#SATURDAY, June 11th

10:00 GENERAL morning assembly
10:30-11:00 introduction to #circulartextiles Challenges/ 15min each

11:30-13:30 parallel sessions

• intense/ ‘design thinking’ teams (teams C):
  • 11:30 intro, understand
  • 12:30 observe + POV
  • 13:00 ideate
  • 11:30 test
  • 12:30 re-think
  • 13:00 prepare pitch

13:30 /lunch/
13:30-14:30 gallery of (interim) findings incl. feedback grid
14:30 pitches of intense/ ‘design thinking’ teams (90sec/ team)
15:00 impulse speeches (2x 15min, speakers tba)

15:30-17:30 parallel sessions

• intense/ ‘design thinking’ teams (teams C):
  • 15:30 prototype
  • 16:00 test
  • 16:30 re-think
  • 17:00 document -> summary
  • 15:30 final presentation
  • 16:00 document -> summary
  • 17:00 feedback

17:30 pitches of all teams (2min each + 3min “I like, I wish”- feedback)
18:00 reflection, next steps, commitment

18:30 /informal feedback + beer/

19:00 gallery of findings incl. feedback grid

#SUNDAY, June 12th

10:00- permanent exhibition of innovative circular fashion textiles & concepts
GENERAL programme: Challenges/ Questions, pannel discussions, get- togethers…

#MONDAY, June 13th

10:00- permanent exhibition of innovative circular fashion textiles & concepts
GENERAL programme: Challenges/ Questions: pannel discussions, get- togethers…

##Application procedure
People who cannot attend the Challenges in Berlin may join the discussion through online tools (chat, video message etc.).
The participation is FOR FREE. However, participants are asked to apply through Eventbrite in order to participate in the workshops. Wrap-up sessions and get-togethers in the evening are open (no application needed).

##Circulartextiles community

Main coordinators:
@Ina @Mayya

Team of organizers:
@Ina @Mayya Alice Beyer Schuch +YOU?

PR & Communication:
@JuliaP @friederike +YOU?

Participants and partner organisations:
YOU?

##Documentation

https://circular.fashion/media/osce_textile_documentation_2016.pdf
CC-BY-SA

Public link to upload photos is:
Berlin Media folder: https://cloud.oscedays.org/index.php/s/hnTdkeqHbqu7fym4 (?)

Please note: By uploading files to this folder, you agree that they will be licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Sharealike license (creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0). If you want to be mentioned as photographer, please add your name to the file. Otherwise add the term Public Domain. Thank you!

##Orga meetings

• May 25th / General OSCE Community Breakfast at Agora, Mittelweg 50, 12053 Berlin https://www.facebook.com/events/580501195452813/
  • May 31st / OSCE Tuesday at Agora Rollberg / Am Sudhaus 2, 12053 Berlin
  • June 1st - 4th / AGORA BAUT at Agora Rollberg / preparation of the event space & coordination of furnishings

##Website
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1008852015862256

##Other cities exploring #circulartextiles in 2016:
Bilbao - Bucharest - Budapest - Chicago - Iasi - Los Angeles - Rio de Janeiro - Vancouver - ADD ANOTHER
Worldwide #circulartextiles events in 2015

##Hashtags:
#circulartextiles
#OSCEdays

Materials needed:
Post below so I can add OR with interior- related pieces take a look here

@Ina @Lars2i @simonlee

I thought of something: Can ESMOD Berlin MA students organise a “Meet Up” green table (similar to the one we had at Re:publica) to possibly get input from the audience? = have a board with main questions, discuss with whoever wants to sit with them and is interested in knowing more about their collaboration with Manufactum and giving feedback etc. Example: 30 minutes in the exhibition space.

If yes, would sunday be a good day and which time slot?

2 Likes

Sure, why not. Sounds like a plan :slight_smile:

1 Like

Okay, let’s see how where to fit that… :slight_smile:

• any idea for tables etc? who is taking care of the material supply/furniture?

@simonlee is on it and has first promising leads – and I too spend time on this problem. Updates should be posted in the To Do List. But you can also join our little task force on that. Maybe let’s have a chat about it at the Community Breakfast on Wednesday? Can you make it?

No :frowning: I am working wednesday morning …

Hey @Ina @Mayya @friederike,

how would you prefer we do the documentation/ live feature of the Challenges?
Let’s make a rough plan if there isn’t one already.

1. I think a media ‘spokesperson’ from each group makes sense.
    The ‘spokesperson’ should be able to give some information about the '(interim) findings gallery/ napkins’ during the break/ feedback phases so that I can create meaningful live posts on social media (or for the documentation part).
    I might come up to them during the review sessions, and ask if I haven’t understood something dealing with a Challenge outcome.
    This leaves us with the need for such a person in MD, F and C.
    In which Challenge will the two of you participate continuously? Will you switch Challenges?

2. I might need to take up another role on Sat, 1pm to 3pm. Can @Mayya manage social media during that time? Maybe you won’t even have to do anything, maybe just take some notes on each Challenge during the interim pitches at 14:30.

3. Photo, video: I guess the ones we and the photographer make will be enough.

Hi Julia,

1. good Idea! We will not involved into the challenges as participants so I can predefine one participant of each subchallenge to be the spokesperson. so MD1&2 F1-3 C1&2 so 7 participants in total.

I discussed with Mayya that we should create a wiki in the forum for the people that want to do social media support (I have 2). So a list of twitter hashtags to use, list of the facebook groups etc. - does somethings like this exist alread? Could you co-create that with mayya?

1 Like

Sounds great! Thank you @JuliaP
I will write a “Communication toolkit” in the forum including your notes, the guests and the hashtags to use and so on for everyone to use.

1 Like