[TASK] Spread The Call For Cities - for OSCEdays 2016

We are announcing the OSCEdays JUNE 9-13 2016 to the world and spreading the call for cities! We’re sending out newsletters and social media posts, writing to mailing lists, contacting blogs and media, sending emails etc. Everyone is invited to join in!
Here you will find the tasks required and some templates that you can use.

##Keeping Track
@Silvia created a Google Doc where you can add who you have contacted already. So we do not do double communication. Another option is to leave a comment below.

##Media Channels & Actions!
Below in "Materials“ you will find templates to use for this communication. You can adapt the text - if you make major modifications you consider useful also for others, please share your version in the comment section.

###Facebook
Facebook has a lot of pages and groups running. Last year we signed up to a lot of groups to spread the call. And also send a private message to a lot of pages. We were just using the search bar with words like „Circular Economy“ „Sustainability“ „Waste“ „Open“ „Open Source“ „Sharing“ etc. and contact who ever came up. There is a text template to use to post in a group as well as to send via private message.

@Lars2i – I volunteer for this. – It is quite messy to keep track of every group contacted and will at least double the work for everyone doing it. So I will try to be very complete. But If you are part of fb-groups and after 10 days no posting is there, feel free to do it.

###Contacting Blogs and Press
@Silvia is going to set up a contact list for Blogs and media. She will post the link in the main Communications-Read Me. If you have addresses feel free to add them there.

###Platforms: Twitter, Facebook, Google Plus, Linked In, Edgeryders, Reddit . . .
We are all on several platforms. Post it there. Always invite people to repost it. I think the general Facebook message below can be used and adapted also for other platforms.

###Mailing Lists
Get in touch with your friends. And ask them, if they can send it via their mailinglists. Do people you know, have other interesting communication channels?

A close friend in a fablab? A Meet Up Host. A Webportal etc. This all can be very good starting points.

###Mails: To friends to ask them to spread the word
Of course, send emails to your closed friends. Mostly to ask them to help you to spread the word via Social Media.

And then, do you know webpages with addresses of institutions and projects that might be a good fit? Last year for example I searched the Ellen MacArthur Foundations Network Map http://www.ellenmacarthurfoundation.org/networkmap/ and contacted people. What about the people that were part of DIF festival? http://thinkdif.co … Pages like that.

###Newsletter
@unteem has set up a technical solution for the newsletter. Here is the draft for the text.

###Thunderclap
We had a Thunderclap campaign.

Tweet was:

I just joined the #OSCEdays Thunderclap, supporting a worldwide event for an #OpenSource #CircularEconomy: https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/36481-oscedays-call-for-cities

. . . . . . . . . . . .

##MESSAGE TEMPLATES:

. . . . . . . . . . . .

#TO FACEBOOK GROUPS AND PAGES, ALSO MAILING LISTS
This is the message I will post in Facebook Groups and send as message to Facebook Pages. And with a small change to the first sentence you can also send this as an email to people who have access to newsletters or mailinglists.

Hi, please help to reach out to X-X-X-ADD-IN-COUNTRY-X-X-X and to engage the right people:

. . .

Open Source Circular Economy Days 2016 - CALL FOR LOCAL ORGANIZERS!

Hey,
we are creating a global event & hackathon exploring Open Source for a sustainable Circular Economy - the Open Source Circular Economy Days. And we need your help to find local organizers and engage a global community and spread the word. Here is a little more info:

->
The OSCEdays will happen June 9 – 13 2016 and aim to bring together and globally connect experts, activists and innvators from the fields of open source, circular economy, sustainability, design, waste and resource management in order to develop and exchange ideas and to prototype systems, products and designs for an Open Source Circular Economy.

We believe that a sustainable, waste free, circular economy needs transparency, open access to information and open source solutions. We believe that with Open Source, a Circular Economy is possible. The OSCEdays will raise that question and try to build a global community on Open Source for Circular Economy.

The event will happen globally distributed. Local groups in various cities all over the world will organize local events focusing on local challenges. All cities will be connected through various channels. (in 2015, 33 cities from 24 countries and 5 continents participated)

We are looking for local organizers for 2016! If you like to create a local event in your city and plug it together with all the other cities involved, please get in touch. On our webpage you can find more information about how to do that.

&
Please help us to spread the word! Share the call with your friends and send it out to people that might be interested to join us: People that might want to use the OSCEdays to push their work further, open it up and connect to other parts of the world.

Thank you,

Y-O-U-R—N-A-M-E

LINK: http://oscedays.org/

#MAILS TO PEOPLE YOU DON’T KNOW, INITIATIVES ETC.
This Is a message you can send to people you do not know personally. Email addresses of initiatives etc.

SUBJECT: Open Source Circular Economy Days – Open Call

Hi,

my name is X-X-X-X-X-X-X. I am part of an international team. We are setting up a globally distributed event/hackathon called Open Source Circular Economy Days.

And I want to invite you to join us and ask your help to reach out to XXX-ADD-IN-COUNTRY-XXX and to engage the right people:

Open Source Circular Economy Days 2016 - CALL FOR LOCAL ORGANIZERS!

The Open Source Circular Economy Days (OSCEdays) is a global event & hackathon exploring Open Source for a sustainable Circular Economy. The OSCEdays will happen June 9 – 13 2016 and aim to bring together and globally connect experts, activists and innvators from the fields of open source, circular economy, sustainability, design, waste and resource management in order to develop and exchange ideas and to prototype systems, products and designs for an Open Source Circular Economy.

We believe that a sustainable, waste free, circular economy needs transparency, open access to information and open source solutions. We believe that with Open Source, a Circular Economy is possible. The OSCEdays will raise that question and try to build a global community on Open Source for Circular Economy.

The event will happen globally distributed. Local groups in various cities all over the world will organize local events focusing on local challenges. All cities will be connected through various channels. (in 2015, 33 cities from 24 countries and 5 continents participated)

We are looking for local organizers for 2016! If you like to create a local event in your city and plug it together with all the other cities involved, please get in touch. On our webpage you can find more information about how to do that.

&
Please help us to spread the word! Share the call with your friends and send it out to people that might be interested to join us: People that might want to use the OSCEdays to push their work further, open it up and connect to other parts of the world.

Thank you,

Y-O-U-R—N-A-M-E

LINK: http://oscedays.org/

: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :
EMAIL ATTACHEMENT

#MAILS TO PEOPLE YOU KNOW
This is an email you can send out to your friends asking them to help you to spread the word, and providing them templates for tweets and posts.

_

SUBJECT: Open Source Circular Economy Days – Help to Spread the Word

Hi,

how are you? Sorry for going straight to the point. I want to ask your help:

I am part of an international group. We are setting up a globally distributed event/hackathon on Open Source for Circular Economy - the Open Source Circular Economy Days (http://oscedays.org). The Days will happen June 9-13 2016 and aim to bring together sustainability & circular economy experts with open source and free culture experts in order to explore and prototype an Open Source Circular Economy.

This year is already the second edition. In 2015 33 cities took part.

The event is globally distributed – an open platform. Local groups in various cities all over the world will organize local events focusing on local challenges. All cities are connected through various media channels.

We announce the OSCEdays to the world this week! The goal is to engage local organizers all over the world.

And i would like to ask you for your help – be a part of our media-team – and get the message out with us. Could you send out 2 or 3 tweets this week and post on FB and on other social networks? And maybe you could also send it to some of your friends that might be interested or have an interesting network.

This would be so great!!! Thank you.

And here are some drafts for tweets and posts you might use.

/ / / / / / /
TWEETS:
/ / / / / / /

OSCEdays explore #OpenSource for the #CircularEconomy! They’re looking for local organisers. http://oscedays.org #oscedays #sustainability

The Open Source Circular Economy Days 2016 Call for Local Organizers! http://oscedays.org #oscedays #opensource #circulareconomy

Some of my friends are involved in creating the Open Source Circular Economy Days 2016. A call for local organizers. http://oscedays.org

A global hackathon exploring #OpenSource for #CircularEconomy! Call for Local Organizers. http://oscedays.org #oscedays #0waste

/ / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / /
SOCIAL MEDIA POST:
/ / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / /

OSCEdays 2016 – Call for local organizers!

Hey,

The Open Source Circular Economy Days (OSCEdays) is a global event & hackathon exploring Open Source for a sustainable Circular Economy. The OSCEdays will happen June 9 – 13 2016 and aim to bring together and globally connect experts, activists and innvators from the fields of open source, circular economy, sustainability, design, waste and resource management in order to develop and exchange ideas and to prototype systems, products and designs for an Open Source Circular Economy.

Do you really believe, that a sustainable, waste free, circular economy can work without transparency, open access to information and open source solutions? The OSCEdays will raise that question and try to build a global community on Open Source for Circular Economy.

It is an open platform and globally distributed event. Local groups in various cities all over the world will organize local events focusing on local challenges. All cities will be connected through various channels.

They are looking for local organizers! If you like to create local event in your cities and plug it together with all the other cities involved, please get in touch with them. At the OSCEdays webpage you can find more information about how to do that.

.+ Please, if you know more people, that might be interested, help to spread the word. Send the link to your friends, share and like.

: : : : : : : : : : : :
EMAIL ATTACHEMENT:

#NEWSLETTER TEXT
is here

#TO BLOGS AND PRESS
in the making

ok. ready, set, go @cameralibre @Silvia @unteem @Ina @Gien @sharmarval @TechnicalNature @Jaime + + +

ok. startet to post in 80 fb groups . . .

Here is a list (posted in almost) every group here
Gruppen browsen.pdf (343.1 KB)

1 Like

Hi,

Do you know Blogs or newspapers that might be interested in spreading the word about the OSCEdays Call for Cities? Please share URLS here.

@cameralibre @TechnicalNature @Silvia @unteem @Gien @sharmarval @Jaime + +

Just got it featured in the event calendar of Opensource.com
https://opensource.com/resources/conferences-and-events-monthly?month=2016-06

4 Likes

added it to r/sustainability and r/opensourcehardware - they’re both pretty small subreddits though, I will hit some more later (cross-spamming is pretty obvious on reddit).

2 Likes

I sent an email to the mailing lists of OSHWA and the Open Knowledge Sustainability Working Group list.

4 Likes

Shared publicly on Google+ and LinkedIn and created the Open Source Circular Economy Days group

https://www.linkedin.com/groups/8458949

I continue to update the two files, cities and media, in the Google shared folder. If you need access to it, please let me know.

3 Likes

Hi, today i “spammed” :-/ some Facebook Pages – Sent them private Messages asking to spread our call.

Interesting thing! Facebook blocked our url! When I tried to send “http://oscedays.org” the message got blocked :frowning: – I had to replace it with just oscedays.org – good to know. Headlines are the Search terms I used in the Facebook search bar

CIRCULAR ECONOMY
Circular Economy Symposium
Circular Society
Circul’r
Circular Economy Australia
Circular Fashion Network
Stichting Building the CE
Circul’arts
Tobias Jansson - CircularEonomy.se
Circular Economy
Circular Economy Singapore
Cradlenet
Go Circular: Circular …
Circular Economy Taiwan
Economa Circulara
Implementation Center for CE
Alliance for the CE
Blue Green Circular Economy
CircularX - Introduction . . .
CENSE Circular Economy Network . . .
Skills for Circular Economy
Wedogreen CE . . .

CRADLE TO CRADLE
C2C Community
Re-evolução Cradle to Cradle

ZERO WASTE
Zero Waste Home
Zero Waste Lifestyle
Zero Waste Scotland
Zero Waste France
Zero Waste Europe
Waste Zero
Zero Waste International Alliance
Zero Waste Jam
Zero Waste SA
Zero Waste San Diego
Zero Waste Canada
Zero Waste
Zero Waste Singapore
Zero Waste Italy
Zero Waste Humboldt
Zero Waste Brussels
Zero Waste Ireland
Zero Waste Arizona . . .
Zero Waste Washington
Zero Waste Romania
Zero Waste Washington
Zero Waste Familie
Zero Waste Dunbar
Zero Waste International
Zero Waste Philippines, Inc
Zero Waste Sooke
Zero Waste Tunisia
Zero Waste Palo Alto
Zero Waste UKM
Zero Waste Renfrewshire
Austin Zero Waste Alliance
Zero Waste Sicilia
Zero Waste Himalaya
Zero Waste Glasgow
Zero Waste Pittsburg
Zero Waste ACT (Lebanese)
Zero Waste Pilipinas
Zero Waste Youth USA
Berlin Zero Waste
Zero Waste Network
Zero Waste Hong Kong
Operation Zero Waste-Bo City
U.S. Zero Waste Business Council
Zero Waste Gibsons
Zero Waste Teramo
Zero Waste Sardegna
Zero Waste Switzerland
Zero Waste Guidonia Montecelio
Zero Waste Solutions
Zero Waste Advocacy
Orkney Zero Waste
Going Zero Waste
Zero Waste Event Productions
Zero Waste Industries
Zero Waste Youth Puerto Rico
Zero Waste Club Vancouver
Zero Waste Youth [Group]

BTW. “Zero Waste” is huge! There were a lot of Facebook pages with four digit likes! All the rest was low count, but zero waste, interesting. And almost all of the Zero Waste pages are active (fresh posts etc.)!

ok. will do the same with “sustainability” soon

2 Likes

Maybe because http://oscedays.org is not our url? but https://oscedays.org is

nope. http://oscedays.org works equally well on fb and everywhere. https:// did not change that behaviour on fb.

hum… we are too successful for them :stuck_out_tongue:

Ok some more pages and buzzwords (see above)

SUSTAINABILITY
Sustainability Institute
Institute of Urban Farming and S India
Pakistan Sustainability Network
Sustainability INitiatives
IFLAS Institute for Leadership …
ENVIU - Innovators in Sustainability
Indian School of Innovation in Sustainability . . .
Global Sustainability Jam
SustainAbility
Sustainability Centre
Forum for Sustainability through LCA …
Sustainabilitymaker
Sustainability 2020
Futeera Sustainability Communications
Sustainability Recruiting
Sustainability Leaders
Africa Institute for Energy and S
Sustainability Network
Rancho Mastatal Sustainability…
International College for Sustainability
Catholic Youth Network for Sustain…
Sustainability Products
Erasmus Sustainability Hub
Sustainability Matters
Sustainability Leaders Network
Sustainability at Portland State Uni…
Young Leaders for Sustainability
Sustainability at GSA
International Society of Sustainability Pro…
Environmental Studies and Sustainability Science - LUMES
Avalon Sustainability School
Global Sustainability Jam
Greenwich Sustainability Hub
On Sustainability
Center for Sustainable Transformation
Centre For Sustainability Leadership
EOS Earth Organisation for S
sustainability @EU
University of Edinburgh S…
Sustainability Week SA
Sustainability Weeks
WFI - Dialog on Sustainability Ingolstadt
Sustainability Network
YTL Sustainability
Nanaimo Science & S
HKU Sustainability
Sustainability INternational Forum
Princton Office of S…
Toronto Sustainabiltity Speaker Series
Yale Sustainability
ETH Seed Sustainability
Vernon Sustainability
Sustainability
Sustainabiltiy Consult
Sustainability Institute
Essex Sustainability Institute
Centre For Sustainability
Sustainability Jam Turku
Japan for Sustainability
Sustainability Illustrated
Sustainability @Newcastle
UBC Sustainability
Global Sustainability Institute
The Sustainability Institute
CBS Sustainability

FABLAB
Fablab Luzern
Fablab at EKWC
Fablab Maastricht
Fabby Fablab
Fablab Martinique
Fablab Unipmo
Fablab Angar
Fablab Roma
Fablab Como
Fablab Bornholm
Fablab Graoulab
Fablab Col
Fablab Italia
Fablab Taipei
Mediterranean Fablab
Fablab Namibia
Fablab Tarbes
Fablab Egypt
Fablab UTC
Fablab Slovensko
Arnaud Fablab …
Fablab München
Fablab Sevilla
Fablab Robert Houdin
Innova Fablab
Washington DC
Vigyan Ashram Fablab
Fablab Kiel
Fablab
Fablab Yogyakarta
Fablab Bohol
Fablab Zürich
Fablab Budapest
Fablab Palermo
Fablab Danmark
Fablab Amsterdam
Fablab Genova
Fablab Valletta
Fablab Lisboa
Fablab Belfast
Fablab Breda
Fablab ULB
Fablab Cagliari
Fablab RUC
Fablab Lezat
Fablab Labindia
Fablab Cuneo
Fablab Singapore
Fablab Huixquill…
Fablab Valencia
Fablab Brecia
Fablab Brescia
Fablab Brindisi
Fablab Lecce
Fablab NKNU
Fablab Romagna
Fablabil
Fablab Dynamic
Fablab Torino
Fablab Mexico
Fablab Groningen
Fablab Lazio
Fablab Dubai
Fablab Napoli
Fablab Innovation
Fablab Saigon
Fablab Venezia
Fablab Thüringen
Fablab Soissons
Fablab Coimbra
Fablab Cesena
Fablab Toulouse
Fablab Firenze
Fablab Pesaro
Fablab Clunisois
Fablab Zeeland
Fablab Messina
Fablab Nordvest
Fablab Kannai
Fablab Faenza
Fablab Bremen
Fablab de Jarry

think I am going to make another session … with “make” and … any ideas?

Hey Lars,

Maybe, instead of spamming all facebook threads we can make a massive email outreach with this method?

Some databases we can use to find emails are:

https://wiki.hackerspaces.org/List_of_ALL_Hacker_Spaces

I think it can be pretty effective and increase our response with people already aligned with our values.

If you guys agree with this method we can divide the work to get the emails from the websites and I can draft the template to make the outreach.

What do you think?

2 Likes

Hi, I think this is good.

Have not read all of it, yet. But I think the general Mail he wrote is good. And collecting the Email addresses is good anyway.

You can start to create the new message.

I will go through DIYBIO and collect some Email addresses.

Anyone up to go throug fablabs.io and the hackerspaces wiki?

1 Like

Cool I can take the fablabs list and start brushing up te new message then :wink:

Can anyone do the hackerspaces?

Nice work - I can also see if can get in Zero Waste Europe Newsletter and the like (I’ve been working with them on another project)

3 Likes

Got the OSCE days featured in the makerfaire France Newsletter. Go team!

3 Likes

Hey, we were featured on Shareable. Who was it? Or did she came up with the idea by herself? (It created 10 clicks on day one.)

3 Likes

Hey @TechnicalNature was just about to contact Delphine at ZWE who I know…Have you already done it? Also, are we/can we tracking these somewhere so that we don’t cross post?

@Silvia had set up these

GOOGLE DOC LINK

GOOGLE DOC LINK 2

1 Like