TO-DO-LIST & Open and Answered Questions - OSCEdays Berlin 216

Hi everyone,
@Lars2i @Ina @transitionmica @friederike @simonlee

I will not be able to attend the planning party this week. But I do have some points to think about and honestly I still don’t really know how to use this forum, so hopefully I am in the right place :slight_smile:

• Which companies will be part of the permanent exhibition (textile/ other)
  • How much space for permanent exhibition + challenges + discussions / presentations (stage) + timing and schedule
  • Is there someone who would like to organise onset how all this is going to work and lead the participants to their “spots” or be the person to discuss technicalities? If not, let’s separate this task.

Have fun, see you soon!

hi dears, here some first answers

• organisers of the event are 1-crclr circular economy network e.v. and 2-agora collective
  • preliminary floor plan uploaded; we’re working on locating the different challenges into spaces. there will be thrree more separate space not on the plan. and basement also not there.

• we (friederike and me) are creating the time schedule as far as possible; pls also upload your challenges (and exhibition plans??) here or talk to us on thursday pls
  • separate storage room which can be closed: we’ll try to make it happen. the space will still be rough and improvised, it’s under construction after all. but we have daylight since last week:)
  • walking distance: 5min
  • outside area: a greenhouse and some space to sit depending on weather
  • toilets: in progress
  • fire exits: done
  • electricity: is there, we need more cables, will work on it this month
  • lamps: done
  • time: we’ll take care
  • beamers: do you have good ones?
  • wallspace for posters: we’re working on it
  • seating tables: we’re working on it
  • toying area: good idea, can someone take care of it? if yes we plan it into the floor plan
  • insurance: working on it
  • first aid kit: will do
  • food drinks: working on it

@transitionmica - We need some Lego for the event - do you have still good ties to Leila-Berlin and can get the Lego for us?

yes, I asked them if it’s available.

1 Like

We will need a stage manager for the mini conference talks (see 2nd comment here)

yes, good idea! it’s best to have a time keeper and the moderator separately so each can focus on their task.

Hello hello!
@Ina @JuliaP

I hope you’re well :slight_smile:
I have a few questions to discuss with you:

1. We do not have a Facebook page for OSCEdays Berlin which makes it a bit complicated to share, is it possible to create one?

2. Will we be having a press conference on Thursday?

3. Is someone filming at the event? Is there a photographer?

4. @simonlee :
    I need to organise with ESMOD the transport of mannequins and other material to set up stands for the alumni projects, when will be a good day/time (I will need support to carry if it is possible) + when will be a good day for the alumni to hang on their clothes etc (safe).

• Is there a table they could use for the “Meet Up” discussion organised by the Masters students?
  1. @Lars2i
    Do we have an Instagram account, twitter etc… Can we get the password for these to start spreading the word?

Looking forward to hear from you!
All the best,
Mayya

Hey,

1. We have a Fb Berlin group which is run by Lars since a while ago…

I doubt he will be able to run another one or delete the one he’s been posting in so far.

Even if let’s say, I create a Fb OSCE Berlin page, it will be confusing because then we will have two (Lars’ group and the new page).

We also discussed a while ago and we both agreed that we don’t know which is best:

Thats why I chose the form “group” for textiles also, to complement the OSCE Berlin and OSCE general Fb sites, which are groups also.

There is a link for the group, so why not share it?

People can join. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1683431278547278/?fref=ts

1. Didn’t you say you knew someone?..

2. There is no INSTAGRAM I was going to make one. It would need to be a Berlin one, I think.

There will be one in the next 1-2 days I promise.

There is a TWITTER but a general one (not Berlin, so textiles can’t be prioritized there).

It would be nice if you could make one as I dont really know twitter. If not, I can look into it the next 1-2 days.

Thanks for the hard work!

Hi!

@JuliaP
I was suggesting a page and twitter for OSCE Berlin in general, not for textiles in particular. I believe it is better to have a page that has the whole event with more followers then separate groups that are more empty. This is the conclusion we arrived to in our previous meetings regarding social medias

1. I am part of the group as well, I am suggesting a page for OSCE Berlin as I am not sure the textile group is something really strong to be separated. We can skip the page, however it is easier to spread a page and for people to like it, than people joining a group… For example when we set up the eventbrite, it was asked a Facebook page, not a group… It makes it complicated in some situations. At the end, if you decided this would be best, it is fine.

2. Yes I do know a photographer, but a paid one as I mentioned in our meetings… and I understood there was already contacts for this >> See response from @simonlee (email)

3. I can set up a twitter account, but OSCEdays Berlin doesn’t already have one we can use? I would need an email account

4. Yes an Instagram would be great, but please OSCEdays Berlin (not textile alone - we can use hashtag for textile)

@simonlee
Perfect! I will organise all this and get back to you with a set date !
I am inviting press as well :slight_smile:

Hey!

1. So you couldn’t include a Group in Eventbrite? Oh. Hmmn, I think it would be confusing to have another page in addition to the OSCE Berlin Group Fb and the OSCE Berlin Event Fb.
  2. I see. Cool.
  3. No, as far as I know OSCE Berlin twitter doesn’t exist. And we don’t have an own email either, so the person to create it would need to make an online email account for this OR use their own.
  4. Of course, it was going to be a Berlin one.

@JuliaP

1. Ok then let’s leave it this way now… we’ ll see what happens :slight_smile:

2. mmh… let’s ask @Lars2i - is it possible to create a twitter account that would be attached to your twitter account but with a different password, that we could use… ? Since you are the founder of OSCEdays Berlin… I am still new at Twitter…

3. perfect! here is the invitation where you could get inspired to create your posts https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bMX8EgMYxiwlckePqhIc-7Ey7ea57jrx-Hw8HVgHt_E/edit

4. We were thinking you might need extra support to constantly tweet, post on instagram and Facebook during the event about general OSCE and what’s going on inside the textile challenges (using hashtags and naming/following the companies etc). If you think you would need support, maybe the community could help…

1. I will definitely need help. Not help, rather it is part of the OSCE culture to automatically post/ repost stuff on social media during and after the event and I will try to include (so should we all) the hashtags in every way possible, into every post. We will spread the word about this request during the event also.
1 Like

Hi,

####instagram
there is no instragram account. Feel free to go for it.

####twitter
There is a global twitter account. I can’t share the account as it is meant for global messages only. But the account retweets a lot of the local twitter accounts. So post a tweet with #OSCEdays and it will probably gain more visibility through that account.

We can create one for OSCEdays Berlin. But growing a followerbase on twitter takes time. And if it is for marketing purposes only the impact is rather small. The OSCEdays global account as almost 1000 followers. And it creates less then 5 clicks of traffic per post. So it is a lot of work. But if you are up for it, go for it.

Use your email address for it for now if you set one up.

####facebook

Here is the Berlin Facebook GROUP - as posted already by Julia (I make you too also admins there)

And here is the Facebook EVENT for June 2016.

Jepp, an event grows a followerbase quickly. But everything is lost 1 month after. A page creates faster a followerbase. But it is about one-way-communication. The OSCEdays is not about one way communication. But the group was growing very slow. And not much posting (other than from me) was going so far.

Ah, and with the pictures. We had a lot of people taking photos last year and a good procedure where they uploaded it to the owncould. But we did not really had a structured process how to organize them afterwards. Everyone took some out of the box and we were good.

I expect there will be people around with cameras anyway (and @simonlee is on the task as well). We just have to ask them to share the pics afterwards with us.

1 Like

I MADE AN OSCE BERLIN ONLINE MAIL ACCOUNT.
It’s a simple Gmx one for the creation of more social media channels (no contacts so far).
Does anyone need the password?

oscedays_berlin@gmx.de

Hi, I’d suggest to create a private message and include some of us in it. Then add the link to it to the Media ReadMe and maybe also the main Read Me.

Something like this:

###OSCEdays Berlin Email Address oscedays_berlin@gmx.de
There is an email address for OSCEdays Berlin. Here you can get the infos about it (ask @JuliaP for access)

The link should be of course to the private message.

Do we have a strong (day-light) beamer for the presentations on stage? @simonlee

Thank you!

yes we have 4 beamers with 2.000 or 6.000 ansi which is sufficient for daylight

1 Like

hi guys! Sorry for my late reply!

• @JuliaP @simonlee Ich könnte einen Instagram account erstellen wenn das noch niemand gemacht hat. Kann man den auch mit mehreren Nutzen? Sodass wir den vielleicht zu 3 oder so verwalten und jeder was postet? Vielleicht sogar mit dem Fotografen? Habe auch einen Tipp für Fotografie bekommen, denke allerdings auch bezahlt…

• zu Facebook, ich versuche schon fleißig auf unserer CRCLR website zu den OSCEdays zu posten. Sollten wir das dann mit unserem Instagram account verbinden?

• HASHTAG! Lasst uns doch einen Hashtag machen, wir hatten bis jetzt #OSCEdays benutzt. Ist vielleicht ein bisschen langweilig. Vielleicht fällt den kreativen ja noch was nettes ein? Ansonsten behalten wir den einfach bei?

• Live stream! Was haltet ihr davon auf Facebook live einzuführen. Wisst ihr dieses Live Fernsehen? Hab gehört das kommt ziemlich gut an und wäre nicht so viel Arbeit, wenn wir einfach zwischendurch einen talk oder so mit dem Handy live auf Facebook übertragen?? @Lars2i?

grüße! Frieda

find ich eine super idee!