PROJECT – "Circular Berlin"

Who we are

Hi, I am Dina Padalkina, big enthusiast of the topic Circular Economy. I initiated the project “Circular Berlin”.
I believe that Berlin has a potential to become the first Circular City in Germany, due to its growing variety of initiatives, grass-roots and research work in the area circular economy.

As a first step to unlock this potential cross-sectorial and cross-industry connectivity should be established.
However we have an ambiotous agenda to establish Berlin Circular Hub for the knowlege replication for the city and ditrict level, working together with berlin local circular stakeholders on development of tools and methodologies.

What will we do

We plan to spread the word about the project during OSCEdays firstly I would like

(1) on the 14.06 at 3 pm, I will hold short project intro for everyone who is intrested who exchange the content and join the project.

(2) on the 15.06 at 3 pm I will organise a panel session “What do we need to make Berlin circular?”

(3) the whole event focus will offer an oportunity for Berlin Circular enthusiasts, researchers and business-mind driven people to connect with Circular Berlin project as a common platfrorm for local collaboration.

I will be there, please reach me in place to discuss your ideas!

I will attache as well the web-site link to the project, which is still under development, so any help and feedback is welcomed!:

www.circular.berlin

And check the presentation overview --> link
it helps to understand a lot about the project

Time, place & supplies

Circular Berlin will be there for all time, with the information about the Project how to reach me and what is needed to become a project partner.

Contact

you can reach via DM here on the forum @Dina or drop me a line to dina.padalkina@oscedays.berlin

OSCED_PLUS_blau_ohne_Rand_CC-BY-SA-JenniOttilieKeppler

Open Resources

Here are open resources on the matter:

1. Open Data about Berlin and Circularity

In February this year we ran a local Berlin Circular Economy event at EUREF-Campus Berlin as a part of a global mapping initiative. With around 40 professionals coming from different aspects of circularity we identified ~120 projects, research works, initiatives, business-oriented solutions that help Berlin to become Circular!

Check the event results > here <

2. Circular Cities On The Planet?

I want to share with you some use cases and ideas that inspired me to initiate the project to demonstrate that Berlin has to be on the map of Circular Cities!

(1) Circular Amsterdam
(2) Circular region Utrecht
(3) Circular London
(4) Circular Bilbao
(5) Circular Antwerp

and some tools that very important to consider to build a network with the impact results for the city and community:

(1) Infrastructure CO-Design KIT
(2) Material Flow Analysis Tool
(3) Sankey Diagrams for Toronto and Helsinki (a bit out dated, but still)

3. Circular Berlin

I do not have website so far. but I hope to develop one :slight_smile:

But you can follow updates on what is happening in Berlin in the FB Group Circular Berlin.

3 Likes