With @Silvia sharing it a while ago we were bouncing back and forth the idea of an OSCEdays Shop. In the BoST call on Feb 6, 2017 we had some break through ideas for it. So it was time for a new topic.
- Gives credibility to our mission. It is not just philosophy. It is real products.
- We can help the projects behind the products with visibility.
- The products can help local events to get stared with some real practical OSCE hands on action - for example when the products are kitts.
- In the longer run it could turn into an income stream for OSCEdays.
Setting up a whole e-commerce website and deliver products is of course a lot of work. But we don’t have to do it ourselves. The projects with products usually have their own shops - maybe it is just an Etsy page but still… So the first iteration of the shop is just a website linking to the shops of the products. This is also very much what OSCEdays is about: decentralisation and helping others with context and visibility.
The main question is… what products to put on the website? The products must be aligned to the OSCEdays Mission Statement: So they need to be Open Source and Circular … or at least support circularity? … If the Shop works at some point we need to have a clear set of criteria how you get in.
But for now: Let’s start with a list. Pls. everybody share the products/projects to sell.
- Mifactori is creating right now a little toy-kit with hacked modular toys. It will be on Etsy at some point.
- IFixit kitts, of course!
- Modular Clothing: … Post Coture Collective … (are they circular enough)?
- Consulting? Is consulting a product or does it need to be a physical product?
- Books? Are books - another way to just talk about things - a product for the Shop?
- … pls add
Sketch for a banner text to put on top of the Shop-Page
This page just collects links to Open Source Circular products you can buy in the shops of the projects. We don’t make any money with it – we just guide you to the projects. | Have an OSCE product to display here? Pls. let us know.