Can't update Discourse through the web interface

hi @unteem @pierreozoux, I tried updating the Discourse from the web interface but it wasn’t successful. I now get this warning:

You are running an old version of the Discourse image.

Upgrades via the web UI are disabled until you run the latest image.

To do so log in to your server using SSH and run:

cd /var/discourse
git pull
./launcher rebuild app

More info on our support site

I don’t have SSH access to the server, so I can’t do this.

Hi, sorry just seeing this message now. Can you send me your ssh key to timothee@indie.host

We should discuss about the hosting of the forum. Digital Ocean added recently an option for space volume which drops the cost a lot! For now I had to increase the droplets each time more space was needed, meaning more cpus and rams that were not needed. Now i can just add GBs to a droplet.

I can make those changes this week and do the update in the same time. Let me know when its best for you guys.

There will be a downtime of a couple of hours.

btw I just renewed the domain name today

3 Likes

great, thanks @unteem, I’ve emailed you my key.

@Lars2i and the rest of the BoST will be the ones to speak to regarding hosting :slight_smile:

hey, I was waiting for an answer when I said “Let me know when its best for you guys.”

So I’ll pick the date then, it will be tomorrow. The forum wont be available for a couple of hours around 10am - 2pm

What will be done:

1. Resize of the Digital Ocean droplet for a smaller one
  2. Add a volume for data
  3. Enable https
1 Like

I need a bit more time to properly do it, I won’t be able to finish today. Postponed to tomorrow.