Open Conference Call of the OSCEdays Board Of Stewardship
Minimum quorum: 3
Duration: 90 minutes
Please confirm your participation @BoST
1 Introduction Round
How is everybody?
Are there new people? Let’s have a quick introduction round.
Reminder of roles and tasks: TO DO LIST
Note: We have to update the roles and tasks as soon as possible.
Qing is busy with work, but continues to pursue the OSCEdays registration
Maike is busy with Berlin’s Food Council and its initiative to bring organic food and transparent sourcing to school catering
Maike has been accepted to speak at the LEVERAGE POINTS 2019 international conference on sustainability research and transformations 6-8 FEBRUARY 2019. She is working on the presentation.
Silvia recently visited the wind farms of Benton County, Indiana to learn about successful adoption of wind energy in her state.
2 June events review
Update on interviews with OSCEdays local teams about their 2018 events. Deadline for interviews and recording the content in the Google file is Sep 2.
Qing will contact Gien to see where we are at with contacting other cities for interviews.
3 Global Projects - Water hackathon
Update on how the event went - Ricardo and Gien
Silvia will contact Ricardo for an update.
4 Open Actions
- Video communication - sharing by all on social media, during upcoming events and posting on the main OSCEdays website (Gien with Lars’ help?)
Ricardo has finished the video, we are very grateful for all his work on it. Thanks to all who have contributed their ideas to it.
Maike will ask Lars to add it to the main website
We discussed the need to add other points of view to the definition of OSCE, besides the industrial production reflected in this first video animation
Qing will create a list of other point of view - deadline end of Nov
- Re-name OSCE using a simpler, better name and acronym - Qing
Silvia will ask Jaime at the beginning of September. I need confirmation if we are still pursuing this.
We need another name and acronym for the future OSCEdays events.
Silvia will ask Jaime if he can help.
- OSCE review (foundational document) - update by Maike and Qing
Once the association is registered, we will go back to the strategic plan agreed in Dec 2017 and work on incorporating it into the association’s objectives
5 Other - added during the call
- Maike will manage work on a website dedicated to the association to include a contact form and the structure diagram linking the forum, the main OSCEdays website to the association
- Need to figure out e-mail addresses for members or at least for BoST members
- Berlin will start monthly meetings at the end of October, ideally timed with the Association’s launch
- Maike will lead the first one, but a group of 3 - 4 volunteers will take turns in organizing these meetings
- We would like to see other cities adopting this initiative
- Please use OSCEdays business cards when attending conferences to ensure our orgnaization is better known
- Maike will post an example of business card she has been using, so we can have some standard format, but if you need one urgently please use at minimum the OSCEdays logo, main website link and our name with minimum contact info (city, phone, e-mail)
6 Agenda for next call on November 5
June events review
Local community building - other cities besides Berlin organizing monthly meetings