[BoST Call, May 13, 7 pm GMT] - 2019 - General Call #3

#1

PLEASE NOTE THE DATE CHANGE

Open Conference Call of the OSCEdays Board Of Stewardship
Minimum quorum: 3
Duration: 90 minutes

Please confirm your participation @BoST

Moderator: Maike
Scribe: Silvia
Participants: Qing, Julia, Gien, Mike, Ricardo, Nikusha

1 Introduction Round

How is everybody?
Are there new people? Let’s have a quick introduction round.

The call overlapped with the Association’s General Assembly meeting, there are separate notes taken by Maike for the association records.

2 Follow-up to today’s OSCE e.V. meeting in Berlin

See details at:

  • website for the association is available, design should be ready in about 4 weeks
  • website will include explanation on the connections between the association, local groups and global OSCEdays
  • bank account will be opened soon with a PayPal account linked to it
  • once the bank account is open, member registration and donations will be pursued and encouraged

New BoST was elected: Julia, Qing, Silvia, Gien, Mike, Ricardo. It is in place until May 2021.
Acting chairwoman is Maike, treasurer is Qing

3 Community forum
We experienced recently a long period of unavailability, when Silvia tried to upgrade Discourse to the newest version. It was a hard reminder that we need to take control of our IT infrastructure. We were very lucky that Tim was generous with his time and helped us bring it back online.

Actions:

  • Maike will contact Tim to proceed with transferring the hosting from DO to IndieHosters
  • Access to Discourse and hosting server should be given to the association chairwoman and 2 technical people
  • Mike will review the old forum analysis document created by Sharon and will provide a fresh view on the forum structure, utility and content
  • July BoST call will dedicated exclusively to the forum discussion

3 June events

We decided to go ahead with June. Berlin will organize a big event in September - October, Karen from Zero Waste Berlin presented the details.

Actions:

  • Gien and Julia will add pictures to the newsletter, one from the Water Hackathon would be great, plus a summary of last year’s events.
  • Julia will formulate a second newsletter with a short survey Yes/No to gauge people’s interest in organizing a June event

4 Next BoST calls schedule
May 20 - June event focus
June 3 - general
July 1 - forum focus

Silvia needs a back-up for BoST Call Management TO DO LIST

Note for Silvia: See BoST call Nov 5 for Open Action list

#2

@Silvia - looks good!

1 Like