[BoST CALL, February 1, 2016] – General Meeting of provisional BoST No 6

My vote:

Open Source Circular Economy Days e.V.

(Open Source Circular Economy e.V. – with “opensce” as url and acronym)

Foundation for OSCE [updated]

I like the others and find them very clever, but maybe not clear enough. And I am not sure I have a favorite one, so I’ll just shortlist three:

Open And Circular e.V.
Circular Blacksmiths e.V.
Open-CE e.V.

How many propositions can we submit on Loomio for a voting?

Open Source Circular Economy e.V.
OSCE Foundation e.V. (new)
Foundation for OSCE e.V. (new)
The Institute for an Open Source Circular Economy e.V. (new)
OSCE Institute e.V.
Society for OSCE e.V.

This is using the word “foundation” in the general sense (I don’t know if we actually formally and legally qualify as a foundation)

I think the event should have it’s own name, to denote a gathering place, an annual convergence of OSCE change agents and proponents once or twice a year, but who then return to their own projects to continue their work the rest of the year.

In this case, the event could remain OSCEDays or have some other name that represents the event itself:

“OSCE Festival”

or simply

“OSCE 2016”

tagline suggestions:

“An Annual Convergence event of all things Open Source and Circular” or
"An Annual Convergence event of all things Open Source and Regenerative"

1 Like

@Jaime

maybe I can’t find the right option in Loomio. But it looks like you can have only Agree/Disagree Voting with one question. Or @mixmix ? So I think maybe we should do the voting here in our forum.

That is Loomio

Foundation for OSCE e.V.

Open-CE e.V.

Loopos e.V.

Circos e.V.

Society for OSCE e.V.

Circular Blacksmiths e.V.

Open-CE e.V.

Foundation for OSCE e.V.
Society for OSCE e.V.

If we can put a kind of I need to be convinced first (i need to read the whole previous arguments too): Open Source Circular Economy Days e.V. or anything with days in the name.

For me the days is a project of XXXX e.V. kind of its own project too in some ways, each local organizers make the days. The XXXX e.V. does others stuff than the days and only support/protect the days. This way, in a far hypothetical future, maybe you don’t have to agree with the whole XXXX e.V. activities and still be active in the days. Maybe there will be others stakeholders than XXX e.V. working on the days. It leaves it more open and offers more freedom.

1 Like

Btw. @Ina (One of the super active textile organizers here in Berlin last year and this year, also active on a global level) wrote in an email she’d prefer

@cameralibre is going to vote later today and I guess @technicalnature too and I will wrap up the election before we meet tonight, just want to mention one thing regarding:

"Circular Blacksmiths"

I heard that german law demands that the name of your association reflects somehow what it is about. So you can’t call yourself “Lollipop e.V.” and be about manufacturing weapons. Understandable.

“Circular Blacksmiths” could still work I guess, maybe. But it is from all the names the one that is most distant from what the association is about and “Balcksmiths” could be critisized by the authorities as misleading - of course, we are not Blacksmiths.

A blacksmith at work

Although we somehow try to do this:

Blacksmith at work02 less contrast

#Election Result

How I counted: I gave points to the first 3 names in your lists. 3 to the first 2 to the second and 1 to the third. This creates a short list. (Still Erica to add)

Open Source Circular Economy e.V. _14 / 17*°* | (2) (3) (3) (3) (3) (3° – Ina) ( * ) ( * ) _ [MENTIONS: 6]

Foundation for OSCE e.V. _5 | (1) (2) (2) (1) _ [MENTIONS: 4]

Society for OSCE e.V. _4 | (3) (1) _ [MENTIONS: 3]

Circular Blacksmiths _4 | (2) (2) _ [MENTIONS: 2]

Open-CE e.V. _3 | (1) (1) (1) [MENTIONS: 3]

Open And Circular e.V. _3 | (3) _ [MENTIONS: 1]

Open Source Circular Economy Days e.V. _3 | (3) _ [MENTIONS: 1]

CIRCOS e.V. _2 | (2) _ [MENTIONS: 2]

OSCE Foundation e.V. _2 | (2) _ [MENTIONS: 1]

Loopos 1 _ [MENTIONS: 1]

The Institute for an Open Source Circular Economy e.V. _ [MENTIONS: 1]

OSCE Institute e.V. _ [MENTIONS: 1]

(*) means, it was still on the list of others but not in the top 3 – but cause so many people were voting for it i thought it was worth mentioning here .

(°) With and without @Ina cause she send it via email and not officially on the forum so there is no real proof.*

Guess “Foundation for OSCE e.V.” would quickly grow into “FOSCE” and Societey … to “SOSCE” – If you google for FOSCE not much is coming up. (I mention this because we would have with OSCE always the problem with OSCE and would need a strange and confusing workaround.

Open Source Circular Economy e.V

-with the url ‘opensourcecirculareconomy.org’ and the term ‘OSCE Association’ when discussing it in English. I find ‘Association’ more open and inclusive that ‘Institute’ or ‘Foundation’ and it’s a better translation of the German ‘Verein’

(CIRCOS)

Hey @Lars2i Sorry if I was supposed to, but I wasn’t voting in order of my first preference, but was simply making a shortlist. So I’d like to discuss this in tonight’s call. In my view if a proposal gets three votes from three people then that should count for more than if someone put it at the top of their list in this thread. :slight_smile:

Alternatively I can change the order here, if everyone else did it in order of preference.

Hi, jeap. I did not know how to make the next step. There would have been a thousand different ways how to count it. :-/

Good point with the mentions! I will add total mentions to the results. [DONE]

But you can also reorder after your preferences (But please leave the old one intact so i know, what I have to erase.)

#Final Vote

We had a run-off between “Open Source Circular Economy Days e.V.” and “Foundation for OSCE e.V.” in the BoST Call on Feb 15. And the decision was made: 6 votes for “Open Source Circular Economy e.V.” 1 for “Foundation for OSCE e.V.” so

###Open Source Circular Economy e.V.

it is going to be.

Now let’s found it.

2 Likes