CHAT _ For Quick BoST & OSCEdays Association Questions

my congratulations to you, Lars! :grinning:

1 Like

@BoST 2 things:

To-Do-List

The To-Do-List is updated and simplified. Pls. sign up to it :slight_smile:

Operational Calls 2018

We decided to make every second BoST call an operational call from now on - a call dedicated to operational work. Here you can read a bit more about that. And here you can read when those Operational Calls will happen in the next 6 months.

2 Likes

All the best! Let me know if I can help in any way :wink:

2 Likes

Hi all + @BoST

I started to develop the call for the 2018 event and my head is exploding with ideas. I see so many new cool things we can try and do this year. And help is appreciated.

Anyone up for a little brainstorming and work session between the holidays already? Also people outside of @BoST are welcome to join.

POLL

• Wednesday 27th – 3m GMT
  • Wednesday 27th – 7pm GMT
  • Thursday 28th – 7pm GMT
  • Friday 29th 3pm GMT
  • Friday 29th 7pm GMT

0 voters

1 Like

Ah! Sorry. I missed that so many votes came in. I thought the forum would send me some notification when someone votes, but it didn’t. So I assumed you are all busy with holidays. So we missed our collab session.

Anyway. I did a bunch of work to set things up for the 2018 event. I suggest that you start with the

And go from there to the

And from there to the

(Check also the website. I am happy about (design) feedback. We have a new About page, a new front page and … finally we got a donation page.)

Hi,
I had two interesting meetings in the past days. One with someone from Barcelona. I told that the numbers of cities for OSCEdays is going down. And he said: “Of course! Because people understood it. Job is done. All the students that come to us know that OS is the path to sustainability”.

And the other person was from Australia - gov-level. They are really looking closely to this forum and how we use it to organize things. And they will copy parts of it. Not use our forum but copy the methodology of openness.

:slight_smile:

This is all good news. That’s the impact we were looking for. Enable people to set up their own infrastructure and use methodologies and tools of Openness. Let’s keep it going.

If you set up events in your city I suggest to do it like we do it in Berlin. We make ppl. post their content on the forum in our call. The first topics arrive right now.

1 Like

Hey @BoST

Some of you might be aware. But there is a new law in the EU - the “General Data Protection Regulation”

It comes with a lot - a lot! - of requirements you have to meet when you host a website in the EU. The law is enforceable from the 24th May on. So there is not much time left.

Someone needs to do some research if this forum and the website need to do something. Everything is hosted in the EU and we have a bunch of EU citizen. Maybe we are lucky because of the .org domain. But in any case. Research needs to be done or serious legal trouble might be on the horizon!

I’ll do my homework for wordpress websites and will know more about it soon. I am happy to share that knowledge for the OSCEdays website. But this forum is something entirely else probably. The research should start quite soon.

3 Likes

Hangouts this Saturday with OSCEdays Rome 10:15 am

hey @BoST

Two weekends ago we had an OSCEdays Booth at Maker Faire Berlin where we actually won two prizes:

The organizers of this years OSCEdays Rome@SilCan + – dropped by and we had a really nice conversation and exchanged gifts - they gave us a bottle of wine we drank with the community at our after booth Maker Faire inviting also our friends from the Open Source Hardware film camera Apertus over.

The organizers asked me if I and maybe someone from @BoST could say a few words via hangouts to their local community :slight_smile: . On:

Saturday, June 9, 10:15 am CEST.

Unless our Baby is born at that time I plan to be there. Who else is in and will join? I am sure it will be pretty nice.

4 Likes

Congratulations teams and friends :sunflower:

I plan to wake up early and join the hangout.

2 Likes

may be me may be me :slight_smile:
and big congratulation with the price!

1 Like

@Silvia @Dina Cool. When they have sent me the link I will post it here in the chat.

Right now we’re too busy in Berlin to think about the next steps, so I just want to drop this here to have a look at after next week’s event:

Call for Abstracts at Leuphana University in Germany. I think we should hand one in http://leveragepoints2019.leuphana.de/call-for-abstracts/

1 Like

I made a mistake with the hour.

Hi @BoST - sorry, I missed the call with Rome. Our baby - :baby: Fritz - was born Friday morning 5.55 am. And as you probably know or have heard: It is a complexity explosion afterwards \o/ . 1 Mio things to take care of. :slight_smile: I hope the OSCEdays Rome community will understand.

3 Likes

Welcome into the world, Fritz, we love you and will take care of you! Congratulations to the happy new parents: :family_man_woman_boy:

1 Like

Silvia, Qing and I will write an abstract for Leuphana (deadline 30. June) to try and get me as a speaker to that conference in Lüneburg in 2019.

I have another call that I find interesting: https://bits-und-baeume.org/call Its for the conference Digitalization and Sustainability 17. -18. November 2018 in Berlin (Technical University). Anyone up to write up something for that with me? Anyone wants to go as a speaker? Deadline ist 19.8. so we still have some time.

Where do we store this year’s pictures from Berlin? I took quite a few but I’m sure our photographer did better ones so before wasting space I want to check if I have anything that she didn’t catch

I finally and very last minute found time to work on @Silvia’s draft for the abstract for my talk at Leuphana. I would muchly appreciate if you took a minute to review it: https://pad.oscedays.org/p/leuphana-leverage-points
I need to submit this tonight as the deadline is tomorrow.

Bad news: the application for the association did not go through, we need to revise the statutes in several important points. This will take longer, but at least it won’t increase the costs (as far as I know).

Thank you, Maike, for letting us know. Let’s work on the changes. We’ll discuss during the Sep 3 call what is required from BoST to move along the application. Take care.