CHAT _ For Quick BoST & OSCEdays Association Questions

Hi all,

I just learned that our Forum is now 40 € a month.

This is quite a lot. And will become a problem real quick if we don’t find some money.

There will be another invoice for the website also soon.

Okay, let’s discuss it in the next @BoST call.

Hi Lars,

I assume that it is open source so the data is exportable from the website and can be easily imported into another website/database?

2 Likes

Hi Gien. Yes. I already found out. Hosting the forum will always not be cheap. But we can have it cheaper. As soon there is time I will try with support of @huelfe to transfer the forum to another hoster. But it will still be 30 € per month. And we will be safe with 30 € for a long long time. While it will not take long for Digital Ocean (our current hoster) and we will be up to 60 € a month.

Hi Lars,

i have talked to Dr Renault from Ptj (Project sponsor Jülich ), who is inchage of the competence field resource Efficiency / circular Economyi. we discussed about potential possibilities of funding OSCEdays. there are some very positive news and i will get further information next week. i hope it will work out.

3 Likes

Very Cool Qing! Jeai.

If you like you can join our Board Of Stewardship Call Next monday 7pm GMT = 21:00 Berlin Time:

Just send me your Skype ID via private message and I’ll add you to the call.

Hi Lars, thanks for the invitation, i d like to join you on monday

1 Like

@seigorobinson this can be useful for the Cambridge conversation. Needless to say, we need to develop a system to capture our impact better. Referring to this post in the thread:

1 Like

Ah yes! @seigorobinson @sharmarval How could I forget this! This story is truly beautiful. There should be a presentation and a very well designed tutorial for the mulch chopper already. And they have built some more across the globe.

Maybe this is a community story that we could write up and share, maybe through the blog. Bit busy this week, but could look at it next week.

1 Like

@sharmarval @seigorobinson

Here is the topic for this year with all the information (Slides, Tutorial etc.)

1 Like

###European NGOs Meeting

Hi @BoST

Interesting News! We are invited to present OSCEdays at a meeting of up to 40 ppl from european environmental NGOs that meet in Berlin to discuss Circular Economy. Those NGOs do mostly lobby work on EU but also national level.

I think it will be really interesting to see how they work and what their goals and struggles are. And it is also good to see what we can contribute to our shared mission.

I uploaded their Agenda for you here.

Dates: 13-15 Nov. (We present on Nov 15)

If one of you happens to be in Berlin let me know and we do the Gig together.

If you have anything you think should be shared with the NGOs let me know. I will think of something and collect some feedback in advance. All the best, L

5 Likes

Hi @BoST

sorry for my abscence in the past 2 weeks. I am flooded with work. Overload. I let Jaime knew I could not make it to the last call but forgot to let you know. I will catch up soon.

1 Like

Hey Friends,

i have good news: I will be a father! For the first time in my live.

And I have also a little less good news about how much I can contribute here in the coming year.

There was a time in my live when I had loads of free time to do unpaid work. And I used that time to contribute to and build OSCEdays with you. But at the moment and probably 2018 I am not able to do that anymore to the same extend.

OSCEdays is such a great project. We have so many ideas how to grow it and how to really make strong impact with it. We put ourselves in the past years with the project in a position where we were able to learn and experience so many things that our new approaches and ideas look really promising.

But to this moment we were never able to find funding for the project. Which blocks right now the implementation of all the good ideas.

I myself need to dedicate my time to paid work right now. But I’ll try to make sure to help OSCEdays progresses and uses the potential that was created by the community in the past.

5 Likes

my congratulations to you, Lars! :grinning:

1 Like

@BoST 2 things:

To-Do-List

The To-Do-List is updated and simplified. Pls. sign up to it :slight_smile:

Operational Calls 2018

We decided to make every second BoST call an operational call from now on - a call dedicated to operational work. Here you can read a bit more about that. And here you can read when those Operational Calls will happen in the next 6 months.

2 Likes

All the best! Let me know if I can help in any way :wink:

2 Likes

Hi all + @BoST

I started to develop the call for the 2018 event and my head is exploding with ideas. I see so many new cool things we can try and do this year. And help is appreciated.

Anyone up for a little brainstorming and work session between the holidays already? Also people outside of @BoST are welcome to join.

POLL

• Wednesday 27th – 3m GMT
  • Wednesday 27th – 7pm GMT
  • Thursday 28th – 7pm GMT
  • Friday 29th 3pm GMT
  • Friday 29th 7pm GMT

0 voters

1 Like

Ah! Sorry. I missed that so many votes came in. I thought the forum would send me some notification when someone votes, but it didn’t. So I assumed you are all busy with holidays. So we missed our collab session.

Anyway. I did a bunch of work to set things up for the 2018 event. I suggest that you start with the

And go from there to the

And from there to the

(Check also the website. I am happy about (design) feedback. We have a new About page, a new front page and … finally we got a donation page.)

Hi,
I had two interesting meetings in the past days. One with someone from Barcelona. I told that the numbers of cities for OSCEdays is going down. And he said: “Of course! Because people understood it. Job is done. All the students that come to us know that OS is the path to sustainability”.

And the other person was from Australia - gov-level. They are really looking closely to this forum and how we use it to organize things. And they will copy parts of it. Not use our forum but copy the methodology of openness.

:slight_smile:

This is all good news. That’s the impact we were looking for. Enable people to set up their own infrastructure and use methodologies and tools of Openness. Let’s keep it going.

If you set up events in your city I suggest to do it like we do it in Berlin. We make ppl. post their content on the forum in our call. The first topics arrive right now.

1 Like