Minimum quorum: 3
Duration: 90 minutes

Please confirm your participation @BoST

Moderator:
Scribe:
Participants:

1 Introduction Round

How is everybody?
Are there new people? Let’s have a quick introduction round.

2 Forum hosting and management
See Sep 23 Skype chat for details (BoST call # 5)

3 Association update - Maike

4 Next BoST call
To confirm Monday Oct 14

Silvia needs a back-up for BoST Call Management TO DO LIST

Note for Silvia: See BoST call Nov 5 for Open Action list

I might not be able to join the call. Whoever is first on Skype, please start the call. Thank you.

I found a new version for a free international bank account. @BoST please have a look and give me your opinion: should I go ahead with it? (The Triodos-Account was never opened because @Qing did not give them the necessary ID-document)

I would be worried about this:
“In the unlikely event TransferWise ceased to exist, your money would be paid back from this account, ie from Barclays or Wells Fargo, however it is not covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) and therefore is deposited at your own risk. You also cannot earn interest on the money in your TransferWise account.”

I also don’t know if this would look like a solid account to receive grants, payments, etc. For me, this is more a way to facilitate money transfers than a real bank account.

Can we go back to Triodos after the association meeting and change of leadership?

Thank you for looking into this, Maike.

Thank you for your feedback, I guess you’re right: it’s not a real account. I still don’t know how to solve this. On my end I am by now completely on my own, which means it’s no longer viable to run an association on this basis. I cannot even hold a meeting, just with myself (and Julia and Nikuska who would take part but not share responsibilities).
As far as I’m concerned its best to do a full backup and then give up on this project in the current form. No idea what comes next.

To be realistic, it looks like we have a big problem.

But, let’s try to keep it going.

1. Any news from Tim?
  2. I will ask on Skype current BoST to comment here
  3. Is it worth sending an e-mail to current and ex BoST to see if anybody wants to come back and continue working on this project?

Another option is to choose one global project as suggested by @RicardoRug @Gien and work on it. I am for it. Who else is in?

If nothing works, we’ll have to make a statement for all our users, giving them some time to save any documents they need from the forum.

I don’t know how to do a back-up, so we need help with it

Thank you.

I agree with Maike,
If the formal organization is only her, there is no way it can operate viably. Let’s see what @RicardoRug has to say.

I think that OSCEdays reached a negative tipping point from which it could not recover. We tried to formalize and use that for fundraising but it almost seems that this came too late. Without funds to hire a minimum staff, it is exceedingly difficult to ask people to volunteer enough time to make it work.

Very good morning to all

Professional responsibilities have prevented me from being present with the intensity that I would like but I have done my best to be aware of the situation and follow the latest events. As Silvia says who has perhaps been with Maike in one of the people who has worked the most to this project continues, we are in a complex situation that invites us to rethink several things: 1 is the need to have In our own space, we have seen the problems we have had to manage it both for the maintenance and administration of the site and for the organization so that things happen. It is important that we can make a backup copy of all files as soon as possible. if they consider it and the system allows it I would like to be able to access and find out how to download them but I would need to access the platform. On the other hand, he considered that there are several free online platforms that we could possibly take advantage of and in recent years we have known thanks to the information that has been shared on the site and various spaces that could serve this purpose.

Perhaps the most important at this time the main action to be taken is the continuity of OSCED as a group, or if it simply transforms itself into an idea, a philosophy, a movement, or if its values ​​will continue to be developed by us, but no longer under a group.

The definition of those who will continue to be part of the management of our network considered actions of greater importance; I believe that many of the members of the bost have not been effective in both responsibilities and work and meeting attendance starting with me. He considered that we must define a better internal structure that allows us to define the primary and necessary tasks for the operation of the network that allows us to continue as the background of the OSCED concept we have sought to maintain, work and develop in each of the actions outside the site, because he considered that they are the fundamental principles both in the activities for OSCED and outside it and we have done our best to share these bases with society.

Some of the activities that we propose and that we are currently working with Gien is the issue of implementing projects in real life and impacting society and communities soon we will start a great project in which we will seek to impact the lives of people that have sought to change course leaving the war and joining actions for peace and for its development as a society within our country the principles or set are the basis for the creation of this community and I believe that they can become very interesting as a practical exercise . I hope we can share more information and move it forward.

Thank you all for your comments. We should have a call on the topic and choose the way forward.

What dates work for you out of Nov 25, 26, 27, 28 at 7 pm GMT?
I’ll set-up the call for the date that works for all.

We had an impromptu call on Dec 1st.

Participants: Gien, Ricardo, Silvia

We agreed to make changes to BoST roles and objectives in 2020 to focus on projects and less on organizational stuff.

More details to follow in January.