[WORKSHOP] Bundle Dye with local plants + kitchen waste

##Wer sind wir / Who are we
__I am Elke, fashion designer/maker at STILL garments, natural dyer and guide at Green Fashion Tours Berlin. My work revolves around slow fashion/textiles, sustainable natural dyes, zero waste.
Get an impression at my website or instagram:
https://www.stillgarments.com/
https://www.instagram.com/still_garments/

##Kurzbeschreibung / Short Description
__Learn how to easily create beautiful natural dyes and patterns with plants that you can find all around you! Bundle dyeing is easy to learn and a very playful apporach to the world of plant dyes, a practice between science and witchcraft… You’ll be introduced to local and seasonal dyes from urban nature and the kitchen! There’ll also be a short introduction on the basics of natural dyeing, what you need to know about fabrics and how to make your colours stick.
I’ll bring all necessary equipment, dye plants and also pre-treated textiles for you to get started with samples. You can also bring your own (natural and prewashed) fabrics, but any dyes on non-mordanted fabrics will probably be less colourfast. You could also bring some plants, maybe a wilted bouquet… and rubber gloves if you want to. Otherwise just join and have fun! Please sign up via email to contact@stillgarments.com.
The workshop will be in english and/or german, depending on participants!
__In diesem kleinen Workshop können wir v.a. kleinere Stoffe färben, in einem experimentellen und einfachem Prozess – super für das Färben mit Pflanzen, von denen man nur wenig hat, wie Beeren oder Blüten, oder was sich in der Saison draußen an „Unkräutern“ finden lässt, welke Geburtstagsblumen, auch einige Küchenabfälle… Gestaltet mit Zufall und Absicht Farben und Muster, und verändert die Farben mit verschiedenen einfachen Mitteln. Es gibt eine kleine Einführung in die verschiedenen Stoffe, und die Anleitung zur Vorbereitung mit der man Farben dauerhaft macht, als theoretische Grundlage für das eher experimentelle Färben.
Ich bringe alle Materialien mit die wir brauchen, vorbereitete Stoffe, Pflanzen, Equipment…
Teilnehmer_innen könnten gern mitbringen: Gummihandschuhe, vorgewaschene Stoffe (nur natürliche Fasern), Metall-Teile, (welke) Blumen, Pflanzen, Beeren… Selbstmitgebrachte Stoffe oder Kleidungsstücke könnt ihr gern auch färben, wenn sie nicht zu groß sind, aber da wir sie nicht vorbeizen können, werden sie weniger farbecht sein als meine mitgebrachten Stoffe.
Je nach Teilnehmer_innen wird der Workshop auf Deutsch und/oder Englisch stattfinden.

WIE Anmeldung per Mail an contact@stillgarments.com.

WANN 2. Juli 13-16 Uhr

KOSTEN 20 Euro, 15 Euro ermäßigt

##Wann / When
SUNDAY July 2nd 13.00-16.00

##Ressourcen / Resources
general information on natural dyeing (in english) Wild Colours
search for #bundledye or #ecoprint, this is the technique we’ll work with
…or check your local library for India Flint’s Eco Colour!

1 Like