Quick Question: What should be the name of our association [solved]

Hey,

what name to pick for our eingetragener Verein (association) - eingetragener Verein = e.V.

OPEN SOURCE CIRCULAR ECONOMY e.V.

or

OPEN SOURCE CIRCULAR ECONOMY DAYS e.V.

If we go with just OSCE - we get problems with the akronym and oscedays.org would just be a project - why should be information about OSCE on oscedays.org ?

But what do you think?

@BoST

for me it is definitely Open Source Circular Economy e.V.

if we choose OSCE e.V and it starts off as a page on OSCEdays.org, well, maybe that’s a small, temporary inconvenience.
if we choose OSCEdays e.V. and it evolves into a multi-purpose network of projects, research initiatives, educational resources and events, the name no longer makes sense and that is a long-term problem.

2 Likes

Many congratulations Lars and all for getting the org registered :fireworks:

My vote, like Sam’s, is for OSCE. …days is the main project of the network, but the goals are multiple and evolving/open.

I also vote OSCE thanks @Lars2i

Same. The days is a project supported by the association but also kind of independent in some ways.
So OPEN SOURCE CIRCULAR ECONOMY e.V. for me

We had those discussions with another association here in France. One suggestion was to call the structure friends of XXX. It gives more independence to the project and larger scope to the structure. I don’t know if it makes sense in that case

1 Like

Ok, looks like OSCE e.V. is the favorite.

Just want to say, I would vote for including “Days” - because “OSCE” is a big abstract concept. It is like “economy e.V.” – It is a huge (& therefor empty?) claim. Also a bit like “Cradle to Cradle” puts a brand on something that should be an open term… can only work as a really open term. Now you can’t talk about the concept and not talk about them at the same time. Which is sad.

If we add “Days” to it, we have something unique – we show that we represent one approach. And we show our heritage. The story will always be “They started as an event and now they also …” So why not keep the days!

And it has a positive and nice message: It started as 5 “Days” - now they are permanent active … and in the future we will have 365 OSCE"days" in the year. Because we have an OSCE …

The discussion went on but was held and finished with an election

##here under the BoST Call from February 1, 2016.

Start with Point 2 in the meeting notes posted by Silvia on Feb2 and than go through the comments under it.