[PUBLIC WIKI] Circular Textile Challenge(s) Berlin

textiles
challenges
june11-2015
june12-2015
june13-2015
june14-2015
june15-2015

#4

Meeting on 29 April


#5

Thank you Sophia for this great outline of the challenges based on our productive meeting last week!

Are the times that you set just the beginning of each of the challenges or are the challenges meant to last only 2 hours? Maybe we could start earlier on Friday and have more time for each of the challenges?

The next meeting for the textile challenge will be part of the general meeting on 7th of May, right? I could prepare an Exel sheet with the different challenges and people we want to invite for which purpose, so that we can organize and split up our contacting of the companies and institutions better.

What else are important topics to discuss for the Textile Challenges?

Looking forward to seeing you all there!


#6

Sounds great. Thank you @Ina!

The timings are not yet final. I have just added some timings to start the discussion. I agree that 2 hours per session are very short. The idea to start after lunch on Friday was to avoid time overlappings with the LCA workshop at Esmod. But we could already start earlier… or we could have only one workshop on Friday afternoon, 2 on Saturday and 2 on Sunday… It´s also possible to have challenges running at the same time but I would prefer to avoid overlappings in order to allow participants to get a holistic overview of circular textile challenges… What do you think?

Yes, the next meeting for the textile challenge will be part of the general meeting on Thursday (not Wednesday), 7th of May, at 7pm in the Agora.

It`s a great idea to start an excel sheet with the different challenges and people we want to invite. I have also a spreadsheet list of contacts which we could merge with your list.

I look very much forward to seeing you all on Thursday as well!


#7

Thanks to all for joining our meeting yesterday! I will add some main decisions to our wiki. If anything is missing, just add it please.

The main outcomes of our meeting yesterday:

  • the sessions/challenges will take place simultaneously at the same time on Friday and Saturday (not one after the other), so that we have more time for each challenge
  • we will have wrap-up meetings on Friday evening and Saturday evening to exchange findings of the different challenges
  • there will be an extra session to develop the manual and/or report of the challenges on Sunday
  • we plan to assign different roles to different people (facilitators, “ambassadors”, etc.)

#8

@Lars2i: We would like to organize an informal get-together on Friday and Saturday evening (12th and 13th of June), open also for non-workshop-participants. Would this be ok? Could it take place in the Agora Café and what is the max. number of people? Are there already any agreements made between the Agora and the OSCEDays regarding food and evening activities?


#9

@sophia I was not part of that conversation. But i guess, we said, that Agora closes at 8 or 9 pm everyday. So all the evening events need to be some place else. But i am not 100% sure if this was the agreement. Maybe @Alice_audrey or @cameralibre know.


#10

This topic is now pinned. It will appear at the top of its category until it is unpinned by staff for everyone, or by individual users for themselves.

-> I pinned the topic in the Berlin Category so you can find it faster when you click on the Berlin category.


#11

I’ll have to check with @Alice_audrey, but I think we decided not to schedule anything at Agora in the evening - but rather if people want to have an evening meetup, it can be organised in a bar nearby. That means that everybody can relax and we don’t have to worry about our responsibilities for the location and closing, cleaning up etc.


#12

jeap, nearby is a place called “Villa Neukölln”. They have a big room where sometimes private parties happen. Not sure, probably it is for renting. But i’ll try to find the time to get some information soon.


#13

I would prefer not to change the place (takes time, people get lost on the way, another venue to speak to…). Do you think it is possible to ask Agora Cafe whether they would like to open on Friday and Saturday 6-8/9pm?


#14

Hello,
i am back for a few days. I was wondering if there is a meeting with the Textile team tomorrow?
or is it the meeting on thursday, not sure if i can make it than. i am leaving again over the weekend, but afterwards i am totally back and ready to support, if there is anything i can do!
Is there a meeting planed for next week?


#16

#17

Material: I have two A2 carton boards (size to be checked) for sure. I have to see if more.
Best,
Natacha


[EVENT DOCUMENTATION] OSCEdays Berlin June 11-15 2015 @Agora
#18

HI @sophia! Here my pics from thursday, June 12! LG, Mariangeles


#19

What were the key-learning, Paris Official are looking are trying to lauch a textile recycling industry ! Contact me !


#20

#21

Hi, we like the issues soooo much, as we deal with the topic here in Budapest: How to create a collective eco-brand worldwide? It would be good to have a video communication with you too. Our program will be on 13th June at 3 p.m.
Kind regards, Gabi


#22

Hey Gabi,
take a look at our 2016 topic (and programme) here
As soon as your Question is online, I will put a link to our page about the Budapest Challenge also :slight_smile:

Do you want to have a video chat with @Sophia about the creation of a collective eco-brand?
I would suggest you follow the Nemona Challenge here in Berlin (see programme link), they want to create a similar thing (but not worldwide)! Their username is @Nemona.


#23

Hi,
Our challange and main questions to discuss and to share with the others:
How to create a collective eco-brand worldwide?

  • Our aim is to reduce waste or achieve zero waste…how can we solve this aim with this collective eco-brand? Which would be the best product acceptance among customers in eco-fashion,what would be the real demand, which kind of collection should be prepared to meet all the conditions.

  •      How would be the best work structure to increase sustainable awareness and develop collectively - co-design, educational collaborations, contests, partnerships?
    

We invite fashion schools, designers, fashion organisations and professionals in this conversation and work at OSCE forum and all the ideas and concrete proposals are welcome. Yes, we would be pleased to communicate with Sophie and with the others during the OSCE Days 2016.


#24

Nice!
By putting it online though, I meant the Challenge subpage Vica will do :slight_smile:
Keep up the good work!