OSCEdays' 2nd – DOCU-DAYS - April 8 - 9, 2017

Hi @goal12 @transitionmica + Belindas colleague. It was so nice chatting for you - for 90 min! I learned a lot. Next time we do the recording at the end of the wrap up session. So many interesting ideas and information could have been part of the recording. Next time :slight_smile:

Anyway. Here is the video.

And thanks for the great hints how to improve OHO. (Come up with something to make the figures stand by themselves)

1 Like

And the documentation of the workshop is also finished. http://mifactori.de/oho-doppelgaengerwelt-workshop/

@Lars2i @transitionmica Here is the start to the Food Systems Lab documentation project. By the next DOCU-DAYS, there will be more!

1 Like

Hi @goal12 This looks really good! Do you mind if we transfer it to the “Food” Category? There it is probably easier to find for circular food enthusiasts. You can link to it from the Toronto category.

Yes, that is a good idea. Please move it over, thanks!

Hi, I’ve been working on similar - slightly more focused on social/community organisations. There may be potential for combining and enhancing? May be worth a Skype call?

I’ve added you to our new skype chat group on edible cities

@Lars2i @huelfe I didn’t get ‘pinged’ with anything specific for the weekend chats, and had some family health issues too so wasn’t online much, sorry.

Maybe I should post this as a general new topic, and see who is keen? I need to connect with someone who knows about databases we could use (ideally open-sourced!), and work out how we fund the hosting and validation of case studies.

1 Like

@cjweetman Yes, feel free to post a little description - make it a call for help. So we can help sharing it. There will be a next docu-days. Would love to chat with you about it. Sign up to our newsletter to get a notification with the announcement of the next docu days to your inbox. (newsletter signup is on the website)

Hello Lars
I met Erica on Monday evening - she came to a talk on CE I was giving for the Institute of Logistics in UK. We chatted afterwards (we had spoken about )my database idea over a year ago), and that spurred me into messaging you again. I am also chatting to Anna at Circular Economy Club tomorrow.

I didn’t get the pings for the Open Source calls, and my aunt has just been diagnosed with cancer so a few other things to deal with at the moment… but I’d still like to explore your thoughts on the database. I am nervous about giving too much away in this open source forum though (who knows who is reading the posts)! I’d like to understand whether you/the board think it is do-able and fits in with OSCE aims.

I’ve had a quick look at the IPO project, and think there are some synergies - but this is more aimed at initially sparking ideas by helping people understand who else is already doing something similar - a kind of ‘wiki’ but structured so it is more searchable. I can explain more if if you’d like to chat about it sometime. What’s holding me back is the need for a structured database (ie the software). I think ‘crowdsourcing’ the ‘how to do it’ as well as the wiki inputs would give a more robust and better designed solution too!

Please let me know what you think…
thanks!
Catherine

Hi @cjweetman

sorry to hear about your troubles :frowning:

And on the other things: If you feel uncomfortable with sharing your process and ideas in the open maybe this forum and the OSCEdays is not the right environment for you. Make up your mind.

There is a next opportunity to chat. Probably at the end of May we will have the next Docu-Days. (Sign up to the newsletter and you’ll not miss the announcement). And also during the main event from June 8-12 there will open video calls for everyone to join, share ideas and seek input from others.

Hi @Lars2i

Thanks for your speedy reply… my concerns around sharing too much are not related to the open sourcing of the eventual database. I’m concerned about a commercial organisation reading the idea (in detail) and getting there first!

I have chatted to Anna at CEC this morning, and she is working on a community mapping exercise too (think she’s been speaking to Siego? in OSCE). Sounds like that would be a really good fit.

Having seen the outputs of previous DocuDays calls I’m not sure this fits into that? It’s more about the Wiki design and how to segment the data and categories to structure things, making it easy to find exactly what you are looking for.

I think I’m already signed up to the Newsletter but will check.

best regards
Catherine

1 Like