I’ve uploaded the Mozilla Foundation Global Sprint Github Readme file draft here. Please add your thoughts to it before I upload it. This is the source file using Markdown Language. I’ve only used two markdown elements: # precedes a heading and x is hyperlinked text “x” to the URL “y”
A temporary repo to be copied and pasted into our permanent oscedays repo for Mozilla Global Sprint 2018
Thank you for visiting the Open Source Circular Economy repository. This document (the README file) will provide you with an overview of the project.
OSCEdays: Open Source Circular Economy Days
The OSCEdays is an open network with the goal to explore the Open Source Circular Economy. It started at the beginning of 2015. The first achievement was a global event with 33 cities participating from June 11-15 2015 and the creation of a web platform.
From there the work continues to develop a global community and actions for an Open Source based Circular Economy. The overall objective is to stimulate a debate and practical action towards a Circular Economy built upon,. Open Source methodologies.
Who are we?
We are a global collective of open source designers, advocates and practitioners. The OSCEdays are guided by a Board of Stewardship (BoST) – an open international group of members using a transparent workflow to develop the OSCEdays. You can join this group at any given moment. Please feel free to contribute to this effort if you would like to share open source circular designs.
What are we doing?
Traditionally, we hold a one week event each year in June. This year’s event is held June 1-11. We are in the process of re-imagining the platform so that engagement is year round.
Use our Platform!
If you believe that Open Source can transform society to be more equal, and also believe that a circular economy that reduces raw material extraction and pollution loads is desirable, please feel free to join OSCEdays and collaborate with others of like mind.
Thanks for your interest in contributing to ! There are many ways to contribute. To get started, take a look at CONTRIBUTING.md.
Some of the ways you can contribute are:
- Organize an event in your city for this year’s June 2018 event
- Help us to transform the platform from a once-per-year event platform to a year round active project platform
- Help us develop a practical and efficient global collaboration process
- Help us scale open source circular designs to have impact
- Help us to achieve financial sustainabilty
- Help us to redesign elements of our website for as better user experience
This project adheres to a code of conduct. By participating, you are expected to uphold this code. Please report unacceptable behavior to [email@example.com]. Find out more
You might be interested in:
Our Open Canvas plan
Check us out:
Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. MozSprint
Join us at the Mozilla Global Sprint May 9-10, 2018! We’ll be gathering in-person at sites around the world and online to collaborate on this project and learn from each other. Get your #mozsprint tickets now!
The Mozilla Global Sprint requires we list at least 3 issues. On the Github Issues tab, we will list the following issues:
- organize an event in your city for this year’s June 2018 event
- transform the platform from a once-per-year event platform to a year round active project platform
- develop a practical and efficient global collaboration process
- scale open source circular designs to have impact
- redesign elements of our website for as better user experience