{BoST Call, Nov 28, 11 am GMT] - 2016-2017 - General Call #5

Open Conference Call of the OSCEdays Board Of Stewardship

Meeting on Skype (Google hangout as back-up, link will be posted here). Please test before the call if your access to Skype works.

Please confirm your participation @BoST @Frans

Moderator: _____
Scribe: _________

##1 Introduction Round

How is everybody?

Are there new people? Let’s have a quick introduction round.

##2 DIF Collaboration Review

How did it all work out?

##3 Future Projects

• There has been the idea to combine the physical BoST Meeting with an official larger offline event - for example held in a city with strong Circular Economy Activities in the Netherlands if we can find a strong partner there.

##4 Change Default System From Skype To Hangouts
Lars: I will also have a look at TeamSpeak.

##5 Pls. Add

1 Like

Hi Silvia, Me Scribe

Sorry, i can’t this call.

I’ll join, thanks Gien for volunteering to write

I can join the call on this Tuesday

Sorry, i can’t make this call.

I’ll be on a train sorry

I can join the call as well

I can’t join today. Apologies.

https://hangouts.google.com/call/iuh6chyipnclviqjuia2okcswye

@jose.urra86 Here is the Link to the Website topic. Happy about feedback and ideas WORDPRESS (oscedays.org) – Documentation & Management

#Tech

This might be an option for the future: https://talky.io/oscedaysbost

Open Conference Call of the OSCEdays Board Of Stewardship

Meeting on Skype (Google hangout as back-up, link will be posted here). Please test before the call if your access to Skype works.

In the call: Silvia, Lars, Frans, Maike, Jose

Moderator: Maike___
Scribe: Jose___

1 Introduction Round
[No new people]

2 DIF Collaboration Review
How did it all work out?
General impression:

Not very much interaction between the DIF community and the OSCED community. Almost no comment or feedback, if something happened is not visible on the web.

Frans’ reflection to incorporate in next events: It was a bit slow in the beginning, there were a lot of interesting developments and input. It would have been helpful to focus more on a topic and also identify organizations that could be interested in such specific topics.
An example of specific topic could be food policy.
Moreover we should approach them as a community and make explicit what do we offer to them.

Sylvia’s reflection on lack of interest by some people Maike said that some people were reluctant or not very interested. “some people may react like why do we need another space if there are spaces similar” (referring to OSCED). We have enough people interested in our work and those are the one that we should work with.

There is also a lot of work in the field offline. Sylvia put an example of a jean manufacturer in France called 1083 that apply a circular economy approach and also is identified with open source strategies.

Reflection on OSCED website and its influence on peoples reactions:
Maike: some people have difficulties in understanding or using the website.
Jose: I had the same problem in the sense that is really concurrent and are many things happening at the same time. For an outsider might be difficult to articulate with the platform.

Reflection on other communities that are also relevant for OSCED
The connection and relation with other leading groups that share common goals and narratives such as Open Source Ecology, P2P Foundation, Commons transitions, OUIshare, etc, is not so evident online, this could also be improved since OSED and these communities can complement each other in many aspects.
Maike: we have connections but they are not evident in the OSED platform
Jose: Being aware of these organnization developments and channeling them through OSED can provide more maturity to our community. For instance P2P Foundation explicitly inserts an Open Source Circular Economy as a fundamental component of commons transition

(https://blog.p2pfoundation.net/new-graphic-summarising-transformative-proposals-p2p-foundation/2015/06/06).

3 Future Projects
There has been the idea to combine the physical BoST Meeting with an official larger offline event - for example held in a city with strong Circular Economy Activities in the Netherlands if we can find a strong partner there.
We should go to a place that is accessible to most of us.
Europe is a strategic place since it is close to Asia and America.
Germany and Netherlands where suggested. Frans proposed Netherlands and Barcelona as places where are many interesting things happening. Germany could also work well.
Silvia said we its feasible wherever there is a train connection to reach.
Frans and Silvia talked about the possibility of finding funding with local governments specially progressive ones. Local groups could also be interested in hosting us.
Having a space for meeting is critical we can look for other sponsors, and offer to partner with them and work on a topic that is of their interest.
Lets find a place that its easy for all of us to access.

Agreements

1. Share feedback from DIF community and reflect on what they think about how it went.
  2. Frans and Lars will do a package to document the DIF experience.
  3. We are interesting in improving the OSCED website experience feedback is welcome.
  4. Jose will share the integration of Open Source Circular Economy proposed bby P2P foundation.
  5. We need to choose a location to meet physically.
  6. Deadline for the physical meeting should be lately on March to prepare the next summer OSCEdays.
    6.1) We need to find a location and/or place to host the event.
    6.2) This meeting is important also to find a structure for OSCE.
1 Like

A new graphic summarising the transformative proposals of the P2P Foundation

3 Likes