[BoST Call Jan 23 7 pm GMT] - 2017 - General Call #8


#1

Open Conference Call of the OSCEdays Board Of Stewardship

Please confirm your participation @BoST

Moderator: _______
Scribe: __________

###1 Introduction Round

How is everybody?

Are there new people? Let’s have a quick introduction round.

###2 News

###3 Organizational Matters

####3.0 Website Update/Improvement

Lars: Regarding 3.0 & 3.1 - DETAILS: Allocating Resources To Communication Infrastructure/Project Maintainer / > There is a little bit of money left from DIF. I would like to apply for it and offer to use it to by my time to rebuild the website (in feedback loops with BoST - there have been interesting ideas piling up - to communicate properly the new JUNE date and to set up a proper back up strategy for the whole infrastructure. There is money for almost a whole month full time work left which will be enough for the job. / Or in other words: We need a new project maintainer, Lars can’t at the moment continue to do it without resources. (More)

####3.1 Global event 8 - 12 June 2017 - update

Se above 3.0

####3.2 Patreon OSCE account - Sharon will update us

####3.3 OSCE funding options

####3.3.1. Ask 2017 participating cities for a small participation fee to offset at minimum our IT costs (hardware and labor)

####3.3.2. Open up an OSCE online store
or find another way to sell products/services made during OSCEdays and thorugh our projects (Lars will explore solutions)

####3.4 Sponsorship For Events In Canada - update

###4 Projects

####4.1 Gien’s proposals

####4.2 Other projects

###5 Pls. Add


#2

Hi Sylvia, I can make it.


#3

Ill be joining as well.

On OSCE funding:

Let’s discuss opening a Paypal account & add a donate button to the site.


#4

We’ve already had such an account, @Lars can tell you what happened to it. I would prefer not to recycle that discussion, there’s a lot of other stuff to talk about.


I should be able to make it and will make sure I’m on a device with the newest Skype version.


#5

Hello Guys. How are you doing?. I have been absent for 3 weeks because I went back to Cuba, (almost zero internet) no infrastructure to follow up basically. I am back.
By the way I visit a nice agro-ecological farm running completely locally 7 hect. :slight_smile: Perhaps it is nice to share the experience and pictures.


#6

@JayKay & @transitionmaike

All info about the paypal button is documented here (scroll down to the update in the first comment).

To sum it up: Donation buttons never work unless you run a hefty campaign around it. But ours was to well hidden on the old website. With the redesign of the website we can change that.


#7

Hi all.

Since tomorrow begins the new semester in the university where I am a teacher and at that time I will be in class. For this semester in the hour of 7pm I will not be able to meet. I will be aware of what is discussed at the meeting.

I do not know much about web programming, but if about usability and layout, I can help with this on the website.


#8

Silvia
11d1
Open Conference Call of the OSCEdays Board Of Stewardship

Please confirm your participation @BoST

Moderator: Maike_
Scribe: Jose__

General remarks

  • We had a general problem of not having sometimes a preparation to talk about something in the agenda. We need to make sure that the people who put something in the agenda is present.
    -Top priority: communicate the vision, make the vision excercise, two many things going on.

2 News

3 Organizational Matters

3.0 Website Update/Improvement

Lars: Regarding 3.0 & 3.1 - DETAILS: Allocating Resources To Communication Infrastructure/Project Maintainer / > There is a little bit of money left from DIF. I would like to apply for it and offer to use it to by my time to rebuild the website (in feedback loops with BoST - there have been interesting ideas piling up - to communicate properly the new JUNE date and to set up a proper back up strategy for the whole infrastructure. There is money for almost a whole month full time work left which will be enough for the job. / Or in other words: We need a new project maintainer, Lars can’t at the moment continue to do it without resources. (More)

3.1 Global event 8 - 12 June 2017 - update

Resources needed:

  • Calculate the realistic costs (Jose will do it)
  • Set a bare minimum and a maximum of budget
  • Use as a reference
  • Silvia will send the link to Jose to sent the link
    -Jose will do the spreadsheet and share it with Lars

Communication:

  • Decision needs to be made, in relation to the newsletter (Sharon used to do thee news letter)
  • Are we going to do rotation?
  • Put in the agenda to take certain roles in Bost.
  • Lest refresh some roles (who can do what) See the Bost
  • Do we want to get external partners, to become part of other.
  • Who is interested in collaborating with particular organization, should be open to reach it and start creating the link.
  • See the files, of organizations that we have tried to reach in the past.
  • We should have groups: for instance communication groups, or finance groups. Invite people to join these groups outside the BosT.

To Do: communicate this to the community; deadline: Next Call

3.2 Patreon OSCE account - Sharon will update us

  • Postponed for next call, get update in the forum

3.3 OSCE funding options
This is an open discussion.

Options:

  • Donations
  • Online shop, should groups
  • To clarify this you need to characterize better our organization. What products do we deliver,
  • In terms of key activities we facilitate interactions between people and inspire people to run local events: what else? Is important to keep with the vision exercise. We agree that facilitating the growth of the community is key.
  • Proposal in respect to the envisioning OSCEDays: someone can take the lead with a presentation and share a screen and start summarizing and discussion around slides.

3.3.1. Ask 2017 participating cities for a small
participation fee to offset at minimum our IT costs (hardware and labor)

3.3.2. Open up an OSCE online store or find another way to sell products/services made during OSCEdays and thorugh our projects (Lars will explore solutions)

  • Interesting but not clear. What will be sold?
  • Do we have projects that can be sold?
  • Is it creating a platform to sell products made by the community?

3.4 Sponsorship For Events In Canada - update

  • No updates in this call: Not covered

4 Projects

  • Not covered
    4.1 Gien’s proposals
  • Not covered
    [BoST Call Jan 9, 11 am GMT] - 2017 - General Call #7
    Would like to add: Explore holding a visioning exercise to ask "What is our vision for OSCE community in one, two, five years? Explore how to improve website to optimize global project collaboration Extend Lars idea of mechanical standardization of parts to general standardization of Open Source Circular (OSC) design so that we can promote the greatest reuse and modularity possible across all sectors Explore hackathon to expand OSCE platform functionality - should be able to put together a ha…

4.2 Other projects


#9

Regarding the ongoing discussion what OSCE is:

  • Where did we start discussing this question? Any other links?

#10

Sincere apologies for missing meeting. I got tied up at work.


#11

Sorry I missed tonight’s call. I got delayed on the train on my way home.


#12

That’s Maike from Berlin

I suggested that whoever puts something on the agenda should also provide links to the relavant forum topics and explain in a few words what this point is about so the others can prepare better

We agreed: In order to do this we need to find a different communication format, the skype calls exclude too many and have too many bugs.

We agreed that @Lars2i should go ahead as he suggested, he already knows how to do this, he did a lot of (unpaid) work already and we all trust him

Meaning: let’s look at the roles we chose and have this on the agenda for the next BoSt call.

Do we want to make an effort to get other organizations related to OS and CE to partner with us for OSCEdays 2017? The answers was yes, but not clear which ones. But the time we spend on this should be limited: only one mail or call, not chasing after anyone

We will reuse last year’s file and wirte a call to the community: whoever has personal contacts with other related organizations (e.g. OSE, P2P…) should use them to check about potential collaborations for the summer event, and let everyone know by documenting it in the shared document.

Within the next 2 weeks we need someone who volunteers to recycle last years call for the groups (finances, communication, onboarding) and sets up a topic in the forum for them to meet[quote=“jose.urra86, post:8, topic:5626”]
Online shop, should groups
[/quote]
one group can be dedicated to discussing this option and looking into how to realize it, and then get back to the BoSt

Discussed under topic 3.1 (Resources needed)[quote=“jose.urra86, post:8, topic:5626”]
Gien’s proposals- Not covered
[/quote]

Mentioned under topic 3.3: [quote=“jose.urra86, post:8, topic:5626”]
Proposal in respect to the envisioning OSCEDays: someone can take the lead with a presentation and share a screen and start summarizing and discussion around slides.
[/quote]

Hope this clarifies a bit more what we spoke about, if not please ask.


#13

Hi, I am very sorry, I still have no internet at our house and I could not find a spot on monday. will catch up. next monday we finally get our internet.


#14

Check the Homepage site: http://www.circulardesignguide.com/ its awesome! we can learn something.

Hi, I found this interesting. It can help us in framing the vision, but also has a good approach to the design of the web. Moreover it gives a nice idea on what people can expect, in terms of information and inspiration.


#15

sorry, I missed that call on Monday.