Hackathon planning page

This is the page where you will find all the projects for the hackathon

Hi Gien, super happy to see the hackathon so popular. There is already a project with it under materials (I moved your oringinal post with all the details), please delete this one. Thank you.

I created a category for the hackathon. This way it is easier for the participants to find. And we can delete the category later again and distribute the topics to other channels.

I should delete this thread then. We don’t want to confuse people. They should just go to the new category and make their project ideas.

Can we make a basic instruction on the home page as well? Something simple like:

To participate in the Hack the Cape Town Water Crisis:

1. click the “sign up” link at the top right and join.
  2. Once you’re a member, goto this link to add your hackathon project idea:http://community.oscedays.org/c/channels/water-hackathon
  3. Other people interested in working on this project will join this page
  4. Start collaborating!
  5. If you have design files such as code or CAD files, you can store them on X (Gabor of Envienta is going to temporarily create a file repository on his server).

@Gabor

Lars,

It would really be useful if we had a description for people of what skillset they have…ie…coding, business, community activist, mechanical engineer, electrical engineer, biologist, sanitation engineer, water researcher, etc. Is there any way to do that?

There should be some signage on the home page about the global nature of the hackathon as well, like:

Hack the Cape Town Water Crisis
The citizens of Cape Town, a city of 4 million people may have their water taps turned off by April 2018. While the entire city and the government and business is doing their best to prevent that, the clock is ticking and there’s no guarantees. This event is a chance for the global open source circular design and innovation community to pitch in and help our friends in Cape Town in a time of crisis. Let’s demonstrate the power of open source and global collaboration to help mitigate the crisis.

Cape Town is not the only water stressed cities, but it happens to be in crisis right now. So solutions we develop here can be used by other water stressed cities around the globe.

1 Like

Hi Gien, yes and move the conversation into the PROJECT, just copy the comments that are useful.