HACK YOUR HAND MIXER
upgrade your hand mixer to an universal power tool
Have you ever wanted to make a cake and suddenly you realised you need to drill that very important hole in your wall right now? From now on you don't have to grab your drilling machine from the workshop anymore (if you even own one). You don't even have to switch devices anymore. You just need to upgrade your normal hand mixer to the Mister Swirly SuperSmart 4700 - a diy power tool based on a hand mixer.
Awesome! How can I build one?
1. First step - Gather the tools
You will need the following things
- Hand mixer (with at least one beater)
- Metal saw
- Some strong glue
- Square to hexagon srew adapter (1/4 inch) (photos: http://www.werkzeuge-berlin.de/article/05/05300290/2.jpg, https://static.bike-components.de/cache/p/dm1/5/1/Hazet-Steckschluessel-Adapter-Vierkant-auf-Sechskant-silber-3-8--51138-158839-1468839010.jpeg)
2. Second Step - Cut the beater
You have to cut the beater with the metal saw so that the top part goes off and 3/4 of the silver metal is retained.
3. Third Step - Beat the beater
Next you use your hammer and your unbelievable strength to flatten the top part of the beater steel from both sides until it snugs tight in the squared hole in your adapter.
4. Fourth Step - Glue the beater
Get some tape and cover the inside of the hexagon hole of your adapter with it so fluid wont come through. The you'll use your strong glue (we used a 2 component glue that's designed for gluing metal) and fill the squared hole of your adapter with it. Now put your beater rod in it and wait for as long as the glue needs to dry out. Try to center the rod as good as possible!
5. Fifth Step - Finish the beater
After the glue is fully dried out (usually takes about 3 - 24 hours) take your tape out and put the finished rod in your hand mixer. See if it works and if it's centered enough.
6. Sixth Step - Enjoy your new Mister Swirly SuperSmart 4700
You can put all standardized bits in it and try it out.
- Drill chuck (to attach drills)
- Screwdriver head (one "port" of your hand mixer will screw it in, the other one will screw it out)
- Sand paper
7. Seventh Step - Be part of the community
Leave comments in this topic, spread the word and think with other people about new opportunities and tools you can install on your Mister Swirly SuperSmart 4700. Share your ideas, your schematics and all the awesome stuff you created with this new tool!
Never struggle with different tools again - use the Mister Swirly SuperSmart 4700