Draft Newsletter #2 OSCEdays Open Labs – Nov 2016

Draft Newsletter #2 Open Labs 2016
##Subject line: Spread the word about the OSCEdays OpenLabs!

#OpenLabs Kick-Off Live Streaming
We’re starting the OSCEdays OpenLabs with a global Live Video Streaming on the 7th November at 8pm GMT. Lars of OSCEdays will open the labs and tell all about how to participate. Be there or be square!

#First cities with local events!
We haven’t officially started but the announcements of local events have already dropped in! We have confirmed events in Berlin, Las Palmas and Schwäbisch Gmund, and many more cities just got in contact now. PLEASE ADJUST/FILL IN IF WE HAVE MORE GOOD NEWS

#Are you ready to Lab your City?
You can easily join the OSCEdays OpenLabs with your local event. It’s plug-and-play! You either create your own local Action, or you join an Action in collaboration with the global community. To answer your questions, we have made a TUTORIAL for local event organizers.

#The three phases in short:
PLAN * Phase one is all about brainstorming and learning - what are some practical ideas and solutions for the circular city?
CREATE * Phase two looks at creating Actions - teams and enthusiasts transform the ideas from Phase one into practical step-by-step guides
ACT * Phase three sees local events around the world, testing Actions and feeding back to the global community

#Sharing is caring!

• Spread the Link to our landing page: https://oscedays.org/dif-labs-2016/
  • Join, spread and invite to the Facebook Event
  • Tweet and retweet about #OSCEdays #OpenLabs #thinkdif
  • Download the visuals and use them: IMG PNG.zip (1.9 MB)
  • Check our Communication Manual
  • Spread the news through your channels: Friends, Facebook, Blog, Newsletter, etc.
  • Support with your own ideas, texts, local press releases, translations!
  • Activate your team and community to do the same!

Hi @Frans

I worked a bit on it. Here is the new draft:

You probably want to place each little text in a single box. You can add an image to each box. There are images with funny people doing stuff in the illustrations folder.

Update: Ah, s*** - the reupload broke the formatting. But I guess you have to add the links in the Mailchimp anyway individually?

####SUBJECT LINE:
#Spread the word about the OSCEdays OpenLabs & Plug in to our Opening Video Streams

####BODY(IES)

Hey, the OSCEdays Open Labs on the Circular City are on. In partnership with the Disruptive Innovation Festival OSCEdays invites you to participate in online and offline activities to invent and design the Circular City with us. The Labs are divided into 3 phases: PLAN – CREATE – ACT.

##Watch The OSCEdays OpenLabs Kick-Off Live Video Streaming
The first phase and the overall Labs will be opened with a global Live Video Streaming on the 7th November at 8pm GMT. Join us. BoST members will be there, open the labs and explain you how to participate. You are also invited to join the discussion and share your vision fort he circular city right away.

##The Three Phases In Short:

This are the 3 interacting phases of the Lab:

Phase one (PLAN) is all about brainstorming and learning - what are some practical ideas and solutions for the circular city? START: November 7 | Open Kick-Off-Streaming: November 7, 8pm GMT

Phase two (CREATE) looks at creating ACTIONS - teams and enthusiasts transform the ideas from Phase one into practical step-by-step guides. START: November 11 | Open Kick-Off-Streaming: November 11, 10am GMT

Phase three (ACT) sees local events around the world, testing Actions and feeding back to the global community. | START: November 18 | Open Kick-Off-Streaming: November 18, 11am GMT

##First Local Groups Joining
Not really online but already the first local events signed up to test in local hands on activities the ACTIONS developed during the online discussion and collaboration phase. We have confirmed events in Las Palmas De Gran Canaria, Berlin and Schwäbisch Gmünd.

There will be video reportings for those who want it from the local events, streamed to the public DIF & OSCEdays audience.

##Are You Ready To Lab Your City?
Get your city on the map. You can join the OSCEdays OpenLabs with your local event or happening. It’s plug-and-play. Just an afteroon, just a handfull of people to experiment an idea from the discussion and online development phase is enough. Sign up with your city.

##Join Us And Share
• Visit and spread the Link to our landing page: https://oscedays.org/dif-labs-2016/
• Join and spread the Facebook Event
• Use the hashtags. #OSCEdays #OpenLabs #thinkdif #CircularCities –> Find Example Tweets And Texts To Share Here.
• Download the visuals and use them: IMG PNG.zip (1.9 MB)

Hi Lars, you meant specific illustrations or just generally? I have been scrolling through old picture materials for the last newsletter… I’ve been thinking it would be great to use also the current graphic to have some more variables…

Hi, nope, I don’t mean any specific graphics. Just for example this funny guys:

Or some of the other many little illustrations (needles and so on).

It could be possible to adjust the images a bit. Have you worked with vector graphics before. You can download the .svg from the graphics folder and edit the illustrations. Replacing some of the colors with the DIF color: #9C6BDB

But i think only if you really want to do it. I don’t think it is a “must”. It is a nice “could”. :slight_smile:

Okay, thanks, will see how much I can play… I think for this NL I would rather take some ready mades as there is enough on my To Do list…

jepp, I think so too. It would not be the best use of your time :slight_smile: – Maybe someone else with some graphic skills will do the job.

I think the most important info here is the video streaming. It should be in the subject line.

I agree, we change the subject line - I suppose we leave the spread-the-word-out then sentence should still be readable so cant be too long…

I have sent a 2nd test, it has gotten a bit too plain to my taste again - but let’s see…

Actually I looked at the other Newsletters and most of them had centered texts, so it was formatted that way…

What I did change in the lay out a bit, is that I am not using a lof of collumns and blocks. It only works if we have enough good visual material to use with each text block, and with the kind of information we send right now I think it is clearer like this.