Open Conference Call of the OSCEdays Board Of Stewardship
Please confirm your participation @BoST
- We had a general problem of not having sometimes a preparation to talk about something in the agenda. We need to make sure that the people who put something in the agenda is present.
-Top priority: communicate the vision, make the vision excercise, two many things going on.
3 Organizational Matters
3.0 Website Update/Improvement
Lars: Regarding 3.0 & 3.1 - DETAILS: Allocating Resources To Communication Infrastructure/Project Maintainer / > There is a little bit of money left from DIF. I would like to apply for it and offer to use it to by my time to rebuild the website (in feedback loops with BoST - there have been interesting ideas piling up - to communicate properly the new JUNE date and to set up a proper back up strategy for the whole infrastructure. There is money for almost a whole month full time work left which will be enough for the job. / Or in other words: We need a new project maintainer, Lars can't at the moment continue to do it without resources. (More)
3.1 Global event 8 - 12 June 2017 - update
- Calculate the realistic costs (Jose will do it)
- Set a bare minimum and a maximum of budget
- Use as a reference
- Silvia will send the link to Jose to sent the link
-Jose will do the spreadsheet and share it with Lars
- Decision needs to be made, in relation to the newsletter (Sharon used to do thee news letter)
- Are we going to do rotation?
- Put in the agenda to take certain roles in Bost.
- Lest refresh some roles (who can do what) See the Bost
- Do we want to get external partners, to become part of other.
- Who is interested in collaborating with particular organization, should be open to reach it and start creating the link.
- See the files, of organizations that we have tried to reach in the past.
- We should have groups: for instance communication groups, or finance groups. Invite people to join these groups outside the BosT.
To Do: communicate this to the community; deadline: Next Call
3.2 Patreon OSCE account - Sharon will update us
- Postponed for next call, get update in the forum
3.3 OSCE funding options
This is an open discussion.
- Online shop, should groups
- To clarify this you need to characterize better our organization. What products do we deliver,
- In terms of key activities we facilitate interactions between people and inspire people to run local events: what else? Is important to keep with the vision exercise. We agree that facilitating the growth of the community is key.
- Proposal in respect to the envisioning OSCEDays: someone can take the lead with a presentation and share a screen and start summarizing and discussion around slides.
3.3.1. Ask 2017 participating cities for a small
participation fee to offset at minimum our IT costs (hardware and labor)
3.3.2. Open up an OSCE online store or find another way to sell products/services made during OSCEdays and thorugh our projects (Lars will explore solutions)
- Interesting but not clear. What will be sold?
- Do we have projects that can be sold?
- Is it creating a platform to sell products made by the community?
3.4 Sponsorship For Events In Canada - update
- No updates in this call: Not covered
- Not covered
4.1 Gien's proposals
- Not covered
[BoST Call Jan 9, 11 am GMT] - 2017 - General Call #7
Would like to add: Explore holding a visioning exercise to ask "What is our vision for OSCE community in one, two, five years? Explore how to improve website to optimize global project collaboration Extend Lars idea of mechanical standardization of parts to general standardization of Open Source Circular (OSC) design so that we can promote the greatest reuse and modularity possible across all sectors Explore hackathon to expand OSCE platform functionality - should be able to put together a ha…
4.2 Other projects