[Stories from 2015] Outputs for Impact

@sharmarval - cool. I added all the suggested changes to the page - except the new Showerloop bit because it was too long for the space available on the page.

Jeap. Now that you open it up again :wink: - I still think placing the association and/or the list there would be pretty good.

Maybe we can get another opinion here? @TechnicalNature what do you think about adding this to the Outcomes section:

[ā€“] OSCE FUTURE LIST
By listening to the global OSCEdays community in 2015 we could distill a future wish list for an OSCE, to tackle together. [LINK TO LIST]

[ā€“] OSCE ASSOCIATION
With the success of OSCEdays 2015 the energy was there to build an association to foster OSCE beyond an annually global event. [LINK TO ASSOCIATION FOUNDING MEETING]

2 Likes

Cool! Yeah, I think youā€™re right but see what @TechnicalNature says.

Also, I was thinking that it might look like David Li is a politician. Ha ha.

Iā€™ve added them to the newsletterā€¦feeling excited! :smiley:

Showerloop is a circular open hardware solution. Participating in OSCEdays boosted global awareness of this project and connected Showerloop with the global open hardware community. [LINK TO SHOWERLOOP/OR HELSINKI?]

Also, on this point, I think some of the external links from the ā€˜Examplesā€™ could be better / cleaner? I clicked on a few and they take me to the middle of a long thread on the forumā€¦or if we could have say, the tutorial from Le Biome as a direct link, rather than in the forum.

Also, maybe ā€˜Stories from 2015ā€™ is nicer than just saying Examples? :smiley:

Ok. with two more tweaks that worked:

SHOWERLOOPING ā€“ Showerloop is () circular open hardeware (). Participating in OSCEdays boosted global awareness of this project and connected it with the global open hardware community.

Ok. changed the titles and fixed the links - le biome, the bio digester, the talks - they all start now directly at the beginning of the topic.

Learned that lesson about external links to the forum.

1 Like

Hi @Lars2i @sharmarval - I think at this stage it would be nice to add the Association & Future list as these also had to the variety and I would say are interesting to point to if people get the impression that itā€™s another ā€œhackā€ style event - whereas in fact the association and topics came from the community enthusiasm and in our feedback etc were suggested/ asked for and indicate the long-term commitment - The whole OSCEdays were in fact (and still are) an evolving pilot and these were practical outcomes from the first yearā€¦ if that makes sense.
It may be that in the future when it develops and reshuffles weā€™ll order/ group these a bit different under certain objective areas but is good to have together here. That actually makes me think of what type of website it will need for this to capture each year an more ongoing usage. (maybe another topic for the forum and specific funding)

2 Likes

Hey @TechnicalNature Yeah, totally agree. This is also among the lines of what I was thinkingā€¦ That is, I think they will be better suited in a different place or even a different website for activities that are specific to the association, we can think about this in time. Great to have these online anyway. Thanks to @Lars2i

Hi, ok, if I understand you correctly we should add the association and future list for now in the ā€œStoriesā€ section.

But of course we need to come up with a new way how to communicate outcomes (of different years, activities etc.) and then it will make sense to have them separate?

If I add them I would take out the ā€œ3d printingā€ and the ā€œmoreā€ bit. Or I just add them ā€¦ will see.

Yeah, I think this is okay for now. Also, it would make sense to have some links between the outputs (stories) and the Future Wish Listā€¦because the stories should be eventually leading to the Future Wish List.

I think itā€™s okay to take out the 3D printing, because I canā€™t clearly see what was developed related to this challenge (of course it might be there, but it needs to be updated to make it understandable for the reader).

Jepp. Adding links going from our Future List to topics in the forum is on my to do list - or to do pile ::slight_smile:

1 Like

I think we should add this to the website as something that could be collaborated on in the same way the Make:Circularity poster was.