###EMF has updated their definition
While I am on this again as promised I noticed that the EMF has changed their definition. I think it used to be:
“A circular economy is one that is restorative and regenerative by design, and which aims to keep products, components and materials at their highest utility and value at all times, distinguishing between technical and biological cycles.”
But now it is:
Looking beyond the current "take, make and dispose” extractive industrial model, the circular economy is restorative and regenerative by design. Relying on system-wide innovation, it aims to redefine products and services to design waste out, while minimising negative impacts. Underpinned by a transition to renewable energy sources, the circular model builds economic, natural and social capital.
As one of the reasons to create our own definition was that we did not like the one by the EMF … how is the new one?