The current Call for the OSCEdays Board Of Stewardship is here.
Subtopic/Part of: [PROJECT] Building an OSCEdays organisation
the OSCEdays are progressing and a next step in the process is the building of an international organisation. Part of this will be a Board Of Stewards. This is the open Call to join (apply for) this Board.
##The OSCEdays Organisation
The OSCEdays organisation will be a transparent global organisation to explore and foster the building of an open source driven circular economy. The goal is to equip a global community with possibilities for practical action and connect them. The organisation will do events, provide tools and platforms, initiate and engage in research projects with partners from across the globe, do education about and promotion of open source for circular economy and in the long run, policy work. It is in the building right now
##The OSCEdays Board of Stewardship
One of the bodies of this organisation is the "Board Of Stewardship“. It consists of up to 8 people. It is similar to the general board or a presidium in other organisations. Ideally the representatives come from different countries and continents so the board is really international. An Open Source Circular Economy has to be build in global collaboration.
We are looking for people to join that board of stewardship. Serve as a steward of the OSCEdays organisation.
##Board Job Description
- represent and promote the OSCEdays,
- discuss and push existing projects and forge creatively plans for future ones (practical and operational work),
- build ongoing practical partnerships with other institutions and people,
- find and activate funding opportunities,
- make sure that decision made by the members are put in action,
- steward an ongoing reimagination-process of the OSCEdays organisation.
On a practical level the job is:
- dedicate and average of 2 hours per week to it,
- join the regular board of stewardship video meetings,
- be transparent about any work done as OSCEdays steward/representative – provide proper written documentation about all actions (good read/write skills needed).
##Onboarding: Provisional Board of Stewards
The organisation is in the making right now. The goal is to found it in the first quarter of 2016.
Right now – with no organisation in place and no officially elected Board of Stewards – we have a provisional Board of Stewards. Those people meet in regular video calls to discuss current and future strategic steps of the OSCEdays.
If you are interested in joining the Board of Stewards joining the provisional Board is the best first step. And the best first step to do so is to join one of the video calls.