Crowd-sourced knowledge repository of restoring water cycles in arid regions?

@Cindy,
You just pointed us to a great knowledge repository. What would be the difference of this one we would submit to the OpenHack group?

@William David has just replied on the other thread 8 March is the absolute latest.

@Gien yes that is why I was saying I am uncertain in whether we should just try to merge onto SER’s work or re-orientate into a system that connects people into a more peer to peer support network that enables targetted involvement into these larger repositories. We need to reorientate.

@William I’d love to talk. I’m in Australia so 8-
10am your time is 6-8pm my time. @sigmundpetersen @Gien are you able to skype or zoom sometime this next day or two too?

Another one - https://www.eolss.net

Hey everyone,

Are we meeting now? I have a short period of time to meet before I have to go out.

Hi @Gien, I haven’t heard back from William or Sigmund yet. They may check here less regularly, or maybe not at all during weekends. We still have a bit of time now it is not due until Thursday. It would be good to wait a bit to see if we can find a window that works for us all

@Cindy I’m here - how are we meeting?

Skype? I haven’t got a zoom account. Should we wait until Sigmund is available or just start with the 3 of us and catch him up later?

Let’s do that. And see if anyone else wants to join.

Are you free now @William? It seems Gien and I are

@Cindy @Gien - I am free - what platform - Skype?

Skype is good for me. I’m cindy.eiritz88

What’s your skype names @William @Gien ?

I’m on william_ymonda - I’ve just sent you an invite @Cindy

Got it :slight_smile: Let’s just wait 5-10 mins and see if @Gien is still around too

OK - While we are waiting - I just got the below in a newsletter from Charles Eisenstein:
"Here is a podcast I recorded with a remarkable woman, Gigi Coyle. A veteran of 1970’s feminist and environmental movements, she has turned to deeper levels of activism. We connected on topics of ritual, surrender to a path, water, water, water, community, ambivalence and paradox, living our songlines, myth as a conveyor of truth, and more. I wish more people would have the chance to learn from Gigi, someone who is, in my eyes, a true elder."
I’ve not listened yet but Eisenstein is “interesting” - it was the water, water, water that caught my eye.

1 Like

Nice. This is the best piece of inspiration that has flowed past me lately. I sent it to my daughter who has just started a degree in Environment and Society

"One of the most calming and powerful actions you can do to intervene in a stormy world is to stand up and show your soul. Soul on deck shines like gold in dark times. The light of the soul throws sparks, can send up flares, builds signal fires, causes proper matters to catch fire. To display the lantern of soul in shadowy times like these … are acts of immense bravery and greatest necessarity. Clarissa Pinkola Estes

Extract from - http://www.awakin.org/read/view.php?tid=548

1 Like

thanks for flagging this for me @sigmundpetersen I will have to catch up on the conversation :wink:

Welcome @Cynthia_Reynolds :blush:

Hi @Cindy,

Nice quote. Makes me think of the idea that we inspire others by allowing our inner light to shine out…unless we do, we can’t show people they are not alone. We all want to be part of this change.

@William,
Definitely have to listen to that one!

Hey Cynthia! :smiley: Welcome to the hackathon!