[TASK:NEWSLETTERS] OSCEdays Global Newsletters 2016

Hey @BoST can you add your suggestions to the newsletter for this week / next week so that we have enough content to justify sending it…I’m happy to coordinate it by I do need your input on the content :slightly_smiling:

@Lars2i Do you think we can communicate about Suez already?

Just added some articles :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @sharmarval

Please find below the text for the Zero Waste Event:

Zero Waste
newsletter

Why a Zero
Waste Event (ZWE)?

Festivals and
conferences create an insane amount of waste. It’s important ensure that during
the 5 days we will actually make our best to reduce the amount of waste that
end to landfill, and raise awareness among all stakeholders. This Zero Waste
approach is also a good opportunity to put into practice the OSCE days values:
rethink our behaviors towards waste and share the best practices to everyone.

Our goals for
the OSCE days 2016:

- Track as
much as possible where the trash goes when it leave the event

- Report the
quantity of waste that has been recycled and did not end to landfill in the 56 participating
cities?

- Exchange
best practices with other cities and increase our waste diversion rate for next
year ?

How ?

We encourage
all the participants, organisators, attendees, speakers to first reduce a maximum
**the waste at its source. **

eg: avoid
flyers, disposables cutlery, plates, plastics bottles, plastics bags, goodies
etc…

Different recycling
alternatives will be implemented to process used materials into new products to
divert waste from the landfill. When possible, composting solutions will be
also set up. Hence organics such as food scraps, yard waste, and paper back
into soil will be used to grow new plants and crops.

To coordinate locally
the ZWE there are one or two ambassadors per city. They look after the set up,
**the communication, bin collection and the final reporting. **

For more
information about Zero Waste Event, please see (link to the challenge ZWE)

Let me know if it is ok :slightly_smiling:

1 Like

Cool. @Justine is referring to the global Zero Waste Event Challenge. - I will reformat that Zero Waste Challenge a bit and add a little introduction text to it. When I am done we should add it to the newsletter.

Maybe not with the whole text Justine shared above. A smaller version/announcement with the link to the topic will do.

2 Likes

I will finally send another newsletter tomorrow. Please add the latest updates @Bost because I have missed the last calls and won’t be there tomorrow either. I can work on it tomorrow afternoon and send it Tuesday morning.

ok, I guess it is good to study the Agenda of the Call tomorrow.

I think

• The global Challenges
  • The Mentorship Progam

needs to be mentioned - send as invitation to join it. And also:

1 Like

@sharmarval: the Mentorship program could benefit from attetion in the newsletter.

EMF has send out the Call For Mentors towards their CE100 members (which is news by itself i’d say), but this has not resulted in any new mentors. (right @Lars2i ?)

Het Groene Brein will be sending the Call for Mentors out this week through it’s coms, something worth mentioning as well.

Jepp, I think with the Mentors program. Putting it into the Newsletter is good but will not do the job. I think people like to be addressed personally. So if you know people, reach out to them - in person. That will work in 80% + I am sure.

Hey @Jaime I’ve written a succinct newsletter for with the main updates…if you want to have a quick look before we send it tomorrow?

Also, I think I have a slightly peculiar process here where I’m changing the template each time…will spend some time to figure if out properly in a few weeks. :slight_smile:

1 Like

hahahah Love it :stuck_out_tongue:
For next time, if you want to create custom campaigns instead of changing the template each time you can go to:

Campaigns >> Create Campaign >> And there you follow the steps where you choose a new or saved template you want to use (without creating a new one :wink: )

Besides that, great work @sharmarval! I added a subject and some stuff to the beginning of the newsletter to make it transition a bit more smoothly. Feel free to improve it if you think of something better :slight_smile:

If you want to sent it you just have to go to Campaigns >> Newsletter #3 >> Send (when it’s ready)

1 Like

Ah, I just sent it and noticed a wrong link is added…hmmm. Not sure what to do about that! :confused:

Mmm, Maybe you can resend it with the fixed link, and add in front of the Subject line [Link Fixed]

Would that be ok?

1 Like

I’m going to send another one tomorrow morning, so will include the correct link too. Anythink specific to include let me know cc @Lars2i

Thanks for this wonderful guidance @Jaime :smiley:

I’ve made a draft fourth newsletter, if someone has time to quickly look at it before I send it at lunch time today, that would be great.

2 Likes

Sorry, bit late reply but was great :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yep, I was too late as well, but really liked the newsletter :slight_smile:

PS: Specially love the newsletters when I see my face in them, thanks Sharon! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Ha ha. Thanks guys. You know @Jaime I tried to put you in the first newsletter…but failed…so happy to finally have succeeded with this mission. :slight_smile:

Okay, I have made the final newsletter before the event. If anyone wants to look quickly, feel free, otherwise I will send it tomorrow. Thanks.

1 Like