[TASK] Find engage Speakers for our 5min Video messages

Yes I have someone in mind, but I want to inform myself better. Is it mandatory that these persons must have a TedTalk?

Yes, you are right! But anyway they are talking about the same argument with another “title”. :smiley:

hi, no, TED talk is not mandatory.

But we have a lot of males now. Think if we add one more, it should be a female! any ideas?

1 Like

Ha, I was just thinking that too! Women of OS & CE step forward

1 Like

I know someone. Camila, she is quite involved in the blue economy. She has a good knowledge on systemic design. I don’t know what Frank is planning to say but we need someone with a systemic design perspective to present what we mean by circular economy.

I can find someone to speak about biomimicry too. I guess Camila would probably do it a little bit anyway but it is a very super interesting topic ping @Xavier_C

Another interesting topic would be Transition Town

1 Like

Yes, I also thought about Camila Amaya. I will contact her in Spanish :slight_smile:

William Mc Donough did not answer :pensive:

@unteem About biommiicry how about Janine Benyus? http://www.ted.com/talks/janine_benyus_biomimicry_in_action?language=en , http://biomimicry.net/

If you are thinking about someone directly related with Systemic design I can ask to my teachers from Polytechnic of Turin. Let me know.

jeap, that is great. Look, Alexander Prinsen (Blue Economy Pioneer and a great OSCEdays ambassador :slight_smile: ) wrote to Tim and me on FB:

you might get gunter pauli interested to provide a video intro
let him know what you are doing, which cities are joining and you request him to inspire this global network to go beyond what we know
pauli@zeri.org you can mention my name
will michel bauwens also do video?
you might also try to get Janine Benyus
you can also ask daan roosegaarde?

I think, asking the two woman will be great. Will you?

Hi Lars!
I know Alexander… he introduced me to you! hihih

Ok. Now I go serious.

1. I have contacted Camila Amaya.
  2. Dann Rosegaarde is actually a Guy!! (artist, designer, innovator)
  3. Janine Benyus. I couldn’t reach her personal e-mail, but in the website they have this field: “Request a speaker” I didn’t filled because they talk about honoraries and other details that I don’t know for sure. We are looking for people that would do it as a supporter of the OSCED right? (no money involved) http://biomimicry.net/connecting/request-a-speaker/
  4. In the same group of biomimicry 3.8, I found this girl Jamie Dwyer who combines design+biomimicry. Could be interesting! but again, no personal e-mail founded. http://biomimicry.net/inspiring/speakers/

What do you think? Should I field the formular or should I try with a general e-mail to Info(at)Biomimicry.net ?

1 Like

yes, i guess we have enough speakers by now. So the only reason to add one more would be - it is a woman.

So why not, reach out, ask them. Maybe we are lucky :blush:

1 Like

ok! Let´s see!

I have received this mail:

Dear Eliana,

Thanks so much for your interest in having Mr. McDonough join you in your event. Can you let me know a little more?

• When is the deadline for your video?
  • Who are the other 4 speakers?
  • How many people will see this video?
  • Are there any particular themes, etc. you’d like him to hit?
  • What’s your deadline?

I don´t know all the answer.
Do we want to continue or as you said we have already enough speakers? Even though, in my opinion he is a really interesting person to have on.

Hi, i ping Sam @cameralibre - he knows the answers to the deadlines - cause it is on his schedule.

2 speakers are announced on the webpage. Is Kyle Wiens (ifixit) there? Then we have Frank O’Connor and Catarina Mota - do we, Sam?

on the Question “Arte there any particular themes” I would suggest to go with something like: “Yes, the OSCEdays are about Open Source for Circular Economy. Maybe he can explain the role of openness and open access for a shift towards a circular - cradle to cradle - economy.”

1 Like

Thank you!

It was just weird because in the e-mail I explained about the Event…maybe they just want more details (I’m sorry I forgot to put you as a CC)

ah, no problem, i think it is ok, if you do the emailing and just ping the rest of the team, if any important questions pop up, we should decide together.

ah, and remember, this is a public thread. So lets be careful with quoting private emails.

Hey @eliana & @Lars2i as regard Mr. McDonough, its great that they responded BUT we have to be super explicit on the open source aspect. I love the cradle to cradle aspect. Its one of the book that inspired me a few years ago. But I’m also completely against their proprietary approach!!!

It’s far away from what we mean by open source. So if he is in great, but his talk has to be adapted to the OSCEdays. It can be tricky, its already hard to make people understand well what is open source. Highlighting cradle to cradle can be confusing. I won’t consider them as ideal ambassador of the OSCEdays. Once again, cradle to cradle is a great initiative and great source of inspiration but the same values

And I have to say that I don’t really mind if we don’t get him in. Like all “famous” key note speakers, if I want to see them I google them. I’m more keen on quality speakers that I cannot find on Ted or whatever others mainstream conferences, like Franck for instance.

1 Like

Hi Lars. If it may help, I did events and worked a bit as a volunteer with David Li for xinchejian when I was living in Shanghai.Can help connect if reply takes too long.cheers,

I recommend Clement Renaud (see:http://clementrenaud.com/), though he may not fall into the “fame” category (yet;-).
We met in Shanghai, he’s been writing stuff with David Li, is phd (for reference:p), has worked for EU as expert sent in china on opensource topic, has experimented on dataviz (linked to journalism), is a teacher/china-france opensource teacher for 1 year at Paris Tech. Can make intro if u need (he’s a friend).
PS: FYI if david li takes too long to reply, Clement and I know the 2 other cofounders(min li and ricky ye). Cheers~

1 Like

Hi @Gien , you may find this thread interesting, if you’ve not already seen, regarding possible videos from a variety of experts. Think you said you’d contacted a few for google hangout/ webcast.

Hi habsinn, David Li is in and he recorded a message already :-), jeai!
btw. David is (one of) the local organizer(s) in Shenzhen

1 Like

Cool to read that the center of (opensource) hardware of the world is part of OSCEdays. well done!

1 Like

Hi @habsinn Jeai! And check this out: 1st Connection! & SHENZHEN Opening Ceremony