TALK: Agro-Gym - Open source civic innovation for urban agriculture

Who are we / Wer sind wir ?

Hi I am Magu Bueno an architect and civic innovator from São Paulo, Brazil. I’ve launched São Paulo Lab a civic innovation incubator in 2015 and since then we have been organizing collaborative design marathons to build solutions for urban and social challenges. I have participated on two issues of the Circular Economy Days in Berlin: in 2016 and 2017 and shared with this amazing community some of the work we do in Brazil.

What will I do

I want to give a talk (around 15min) about the topic of Open source civic innovation for urban agriculture and show the results of our latest project the Agro-Gym: a series of tools that combine exercising and gardening. After organizing in 2017 a design marathon that built the pedal powered shredder machine, a sustainable composting booster and urban agriculture tool, we have expanded the project into creating a community gym on a garden in the periphery of São Paulo to increase the number of volunteers helping in the garden and to offer a free exercising facility for the neighbors. In my talk I will detail the challenges, methodology and stories behind these collaborative processes, designed and built with the communities by upcycling materials and resources found locally.

Time, Place & Supplies / Zeit, Ort und Ausstattung

TIME & PLACE

Saturday, June 16, 15:00

@InnoZ Forum, OSCEdays Berlin 2018

I need regular lecture materials: a projector, microphone, wifi and chairs for the audience.

Contact / Kontakt

email: magu@saopaulolab.cc or mab155@caa.columbia.edu
mobile: +55 11 999022098

Open Resources / Offenes Wissen

Youtube: São Paulo Lab channel

http://www.saopaulolab.cc

Documentation from the Lab & past OSCEdays

2 Likes

Moderation remark: topic slightly edited for formatting and to add date and time

To the session provider

@magubueno1

Here is your briefing with info about tickets and your contribution to the Circular Berlin exhibition. Pls. check. And get in touch with questions of any kind.