Survey To Fill Out By Local Organizers For OSCEdays June 2016

Hey BoST

I started to develop the global video hangouts program that will happen during the event in JUNE 2016. As part of this I will write Community Mails to all the local organizers telling them about the program and make them announce a local reporting person as we have discussed in the past BoST Calls

This local reporting person will be responsible for showing up in the video hangouts and also to fill out the survey – so we have some basic data about the local events.

I thought about maybe 5 questions (or more?) shared in a thread and also in a downloadable .doc – document. Reporting persons have to fill out this document and then upload it in the forum – all in the same thread.

Only thing missing right now: What questions to ask?

@sharmarval & @JayKay – you mentioned, that you have a good grasp on it. Maybe you can develop a set of questions – we can do it here. And I can add it to the mail. (The rest of the @BoST can help as well.) I plan to send it asap. You can post your ideas as a comment or edit them in here – (this topic is a wiki).

##Questions?

How many people are at your event?

How many days was/is the event going?

What is the location?

What are the “Open Source” aspects/ examples?

What are the “Circular Economy” aspects/ examples?

Share a particular example from your activities/ days?

What have you seen, learned, shared, with other cities in the run up or during the days?

1 Like

Added a few questions/ suggestion at the end related to the Open Source / Circular Economy aspects and then the global aspect.

1 Like

I think we new to ask as few questions as possible.

I don’t think the number of days is that useful to ask, or the location either. We should already know that? I’ve rephrased and reordered the questions to make more sense.

As for the last question, I can see what you’re getting at @TechnicalNature but I think it needs to be rephrased to be easier to answer and also clarify what we are trying to find out exactly…

Any thoughts @Johnny_Kerkhof

1. How many people attended your event?

2. What activities / projects did you work on that you can share?

3. What are the “Open Source” aspects/ examples?

4. What are the “Circular Economy” aspects/ examples?

5. What have you seen, learned, shared, with other cities in the run up to or during the days?

Two other useful points could be:

1. What motivates people to get involved in OSCEdays?

2. What would the community like to see in the future?

2 Likes

Have you gained a new insight/ can you share a new anecdote on the compatibility of OS and CE?

So hey, i made this more extensive questionaire & and a short introductionary text as well.

One of the professors @ the Radboud University (or “my Professor” as I always call him), has done extensive research on the spread of the Slow Food Movement and he is more than intrested in the dataset we are developing.

Dear local organizer,

We are excited you have become part of the global OSCEdays movement. We as the Board of Stewardship are more than curious to learn about your local event. This is part of our strategy to grow the OSCEdays in a more robust in impact driven organization over the coming years. For that we are starting to gather initial data on you, our local organizers, your interactions within your local communities and within the global OSCEdays community.

We ask that you make yourself familiar with these questions before the start of the event. This will make it easier to keep log your activities, during or after the event! Please invest a small portion of time in helping us building a data set on you, our Xx local organizers.

###Visitors:

• How many days did you organize the OSCEdays?
  • How many visitors did you have on each day?

###Content:

• Can you give a short description of the activities you organized during your event?
  • Can you give a short description of the Open Source aspects of these activities?
  • Can you give a short description of the Circular Economy aspects of these activities?

###Network, local:

• How many stakeholders/organizations were involved in your events?
  • Can you provide us with a name, link & short description of the stakeholders/ organizations? (e.a. local firms, local, regional or national government)
  • What where their roles in the event?

###Network, global:
Have you connected with other cities participating in the OSCEdays in the run up to the event?

• How did you connect (medium)?
  • What did you exchange (content)?

Have you connected with other cities participating in the OSCEdays during the event (excluding the global reporting team or Board of Stewardship)?

• How did you connect (medium)?
  • What did you exchange (content)?
1 Like

Hi @JayKay ,

great work! I copied it almost as is to the final document/survey.

I just changed (3) Content. I edited out “Can you give a short description” - because it sounds like work and just wrote “What activities…” as Sharon suggested. - Then the question is about the idea not about the work afterwards.

Here is the document to download:

Survey OSCEdays June 2016.docx (50.9 KB)

(I will send out everything within the next hour)

Final Text

Dear local OSCEdays reporters and organizers,

We are excited you have become part of the global OSCEdays movement. We as the Board of Stewardship are more than curious to learn about your local event. This is part of our strategy to grow the OSCEdays in a more robust in impact driven organization over the coming years. For that we are starting to gather initial data on you, our local organizers, your interactions within your local communities and within the global OSCEdays community.

We ask that you make yourself familiar with these questions before the start of the event. This will make it easier to keep log your activities, during or after the event! Please invest a small portion of time in helping us building a data set on you, our 70+ local organizers.

Please fill out the form during or after the event and upload it to this thread (by drag and drop it into a comment): [GR16] [COMMUNITY MAIL, May 23, 2016] – Global Reporting & GUIDE For Local Reporters

You can send it also via email to Lars zimmermann.lars@email.de & Johnny johnnykerkhof@gmail.com

Thank You

Please make sure to answer at least the with a * marked questions.

Questions

###(1) Who

1.1 Your Name
__

1.2 Location (City/Village) *
__

###(2) Visitors
2.1 How many days did you organize the OSCEdays?
__

2.2 How many visitors did you have on each day? *
__

###(3) Content

3.1 What activities/projects did you work on?
__

3.2 What are the Open Source aspects of these activities? *
__

3.3 What are the Circular Economy aspects of these activities? *
__

###(4) Network, local

4.1 How many stakeholders/organizations were involved in your events? *
__

4.2 Can you provide us with a name, link & short description of the stakeholders/ organizations? (e.a. local firms, local, regional or national government)
__

4.3 What where their roles in the event?
__

###(5) Network, global
Have you connected with other cities participating in the OSCEdays in the run up to the event?

5.1 How did you connect (medium)?
__

5.2 What did you exchange (content)?
__

Have you connected with other cities participating in the OSCEdays during the event (excluding the global reporting team or Board of Stewardship)?

5.3 How did you connect (medium)?
__

5.4 What did you exchange (content)?
__

2 Likes