OSCEdays Event Berlin (Baumhaus & Transition Office) – Nov. 25-26, 2016

Note I took out my place – because the Transiation Lab is already the better option – and I also the CRCLR lab - because to expensive.

Here is the announcement of the first meeting. Share it in your channels.

I tried to write up a short summary of what was discussed at the meeting and posted it here with the meeting announcement.

In an afterthought: How about making it an ACTION to create a crowdfunding for the Baumhaus weekend?

Another ACTION idea from my work:
Write an Action Protocol for setting up a sustainable bulk buying club (for organic, faritrade and locally produced food) and try it out. I have people In Prenzlauer Berg (through foodsharing) who are interested and DickesBee food-coop who have already researched all the contacts to producers. There is a manual to base the Protocol on, so it should be fairly straight forward.

Cool! Looking forward to join the event.

We will have another meeting before 7.11., hope you and @jo_stigo can join then. Keep your eyes open for the date, Lars will post it here.

1 Like

Any updates regarding the space @Frans? Should we go for Baumhaus then?

I am still waiting for an answer from ImpactHub and GreenAlley. I will call them both tomorrow morning. From my side: we can go for Baumhaus, we just have to realize it might not be the ideal place for doing a press-related event.

1 Like

Böll-Stiftung needs a lot longer to process funding application, so does the Berlin administration. I’m afraid these alleys are not viable for our short term planning. Stadtteilzentrum Teutoburger Platz is already booked, too. We may have to go with just Transition Space and Baumhaus, at least these are still free. Let’s think how we might be able to give Baumhaus something that would otherwise cost them money, e.g. build a vertical garden for them as part of DIF?? Help with other building tasks now?

I’ll go to chat to Karen tonight (7pm @ baumhaus) if you want to join us spontaneously.

As things are not planable in the DIF-process and I may not be able to host the event myself, I’ve changed/ adpted my idea and am looking for places to host this in the third week: [ACTION in Development] – Write A Food Policy Paper (For Berlin)

It might be far more productive anyways, and certainly more fun. If we then find that we have something to show, we can always invite some press people to join us.

1 Like

@Lars2i and @Frans discussed options today. There will be a one-evening-dinner-event at CRCL / Agora Rollberg as a separate event but part of OpenLabs. We also discussed the option to hold a collaborative press event there. They would be good partners for that, I believe. We thought of doing a press breakfast in the week of the 25th. Alternative options for event places: Green Alley is still considering and will reply. I am also checking with the innovation space at betahaus. If they are not too tense about getting enough money, and also like it to be part of the OpenLabs, I think Baumhaus is a a good option too.

Does any of us go to this event? http://greenbuzzberlin.de/event/sustainability-drinks-21/

Looks like a great place to advertise the DIF.

1 Like

DIF press event would anyways be different to the circular food systems project. My meeting is mainly about collaboration during the 3 phases, feedback, content input, activation of network…

I also find CRCLR or Agora the best place for a general press event, if we can get it.

Good idea! Shall I contact them? One of us @transitionmike @Lars2i @Frans should do pitch.

Please do, only I can’t go, already have an event that evening.

Just posted our event here: https://transitionnetwork.org/
and here: http://www.transition-initiativen.de/events/osce-dif-labs-3-wochen-internationale-kollaboration-zu

can I have the Logo as small jpg to upload there please?

I can go to Sustainability Drinks. Maybe @Lars2i too? I have already written them.

Here are two Jpegs:

Thanks a lot

This is not helpful for the current money question right now, but for the future?

Hi Maike, it is still possible to run the event at the Transition Büro, right?

I think if Baumhaus is not 100% sure the Transition Office might be the best alternative for a small one day hackathon on modularity.

The Transition Place is always open, unless it’s already booked (currently only wednesday afternoons).

I spoke to Karen today to find out if we can ‘pay’ them in something else but money, and we have a deal for the food event for one evening: we’ll collect kitchenware for them and do a one day upcycling slipper-production workshop in December for which I need to find felt materials (e.g. old coats and blakets). We’ll create a wishlist to show what’s needed and collect donations through Clemens @ *Leila (Fehrbelliner Str. 92, Berlin-Prenzlauer Berg).

If you have any other creative ideas how we can help them cover their expenses we could negotiate for some more time.

If we want to connect the event in the Transition space to the online world it would be good to set up a signal enhancer for the WLAN (so if anyone in the community has one and can do that for the event - that would be awesome)

I updated the main topic. We have been on the phone 2 times - things have developed - reflected this in the main topic.