Newsletter April 2018

@BoST please make the necessary changes to the draft below before April 15, thank you.

Hello,

Summer or winter is coming soon, which means that wherever you are on Earth, it is time to get your local team ready for OSCEdays 2018. Our fourth global event is scheduled for June 1 - 11. The main focus this year is on solutions, as time is getting short for a successful transition to a sustainable planet for all its inhabitants. Let’s apply, build, test, improve, scale-up, commercialize what was developed in previous years, while creating new solutions for Open Source Circularity. Please share and document everything you do, it is essential to our community’s mission.

We already have a few new cities joining us, we welcome them with great enthusiasm. We would love to see most, ideally all the cities who participated in previous years, join us again in 2018. Our community’s impact is proportional to the number and quality of solutions developed by as many local teams as possible. Do you need help? Let us know. There is always at least one person ready to answer your call for help on our forum.

As you prepare for what we hope to be our best June event, as we always strive to make progress towards our strategic goals, you will find inspiration and motivation in the ongoing global project Water Hackathon. It is all about solutions to an urgent and vital problem created by the unsustainable, non-circular, non-open use of water.

Have fun, do good work, see you all in June,

Sharon, Qing, Silvia, Seigo, Gien, Lars, Nikusha, Ricardo

2 Likes

Cool. A new newsletter. If you like to you could add that there are new videos on OSCE.

"Many of you probably have a good idea what Open Source Circular Economy means. But for those who want to refresh their memories or want to explain it to friends and colleagues there is a new video created by OSCEdays community member @Lars2i on “What is Open Source Circular Economy” that covers a lot of aspects.

Here is the link to the Video on YouTube and here it is on Facebook in case you want to watch and share it there."

… Something along that lines. The video link is here and I’ll upload the english version also to Facebook tomorrow. So there should pop up a shareable link on the topic tomorrow afternoon.

1 Like

I tried some changes to make it sound less doubtful and more encouraging:

Dear friends,

Wherever you are on Earth, be it in spring or in autumn, it is time to get your local team ready for OSCEdays 2018. Our fourth global event will take place on June 1 - 11. As time is getting shorter for a successful transition to a sustainable life for all of us on this planet, the main focus in 2018 is on solutions. Let’s apply, build, test, improve, scale-up and make economically sustainable what the community has developed in previous years, while we create new solutions for Open Source Circularity. Please make sure you share and document as much as you can, it is essential to our community’s mission.

Many of you probably have a good idea what Open Source Circular Economy means. But for those who want to refresh their memory or want to explain it to friends and colleagues, there is a new video created by OSCEdays community member @Lars2i that covers a lot of aspects at OSCE TV.

We already have a few new cities joining us, we welcome them with great enthusiasm… Just imagine what we can do together if the cities who participated in previous years would all join us again in 2018! Our community’s impact depends on the number and quality of solutions that the local teams develop. Do you need help to get started? Let us know. Our volunteers do their best to ensure that there is always someone ready to answer your call for help on our forum.

As you prepare for the June event, and as we always strive to progress towards our strategic goals, we invite you to check our forum and see what happened in the past months. There is inspiration and motivation in the ongoing global project Water Hackathon, which is all about solutions to an urgent and vital problem created by the unsustainable, non-circular, non-open use of water. There is also a new interview with a platform in Brazil, that shows the great potential of sharing knowledge in an open source way. You will find that there is much more, and something for everyone.

Have fun, do good work, see you all in June,

Maike, Sharon, Qing, Silvia, Seigo, Gien, Lars, Nikusha, Ricardo

(I’d be happy to add my name again as well. I’ll do my best to be around for the calls again in the future, as head of the association I should be up to date)

1 Like

I made a few language edits, the text is ready to go. @sharmarval or @Lars2i could one of you send it, please? Or get with me on Skype and show me step by step how to handle the text in Mailchimp.

Thank you very much.

I figured it out and sent it.

2 Likes

Hey,
great work with the newsletter. I just got an email from someone saying thanks for it and praising the quality :slight_smile: And they will probably set up an event too.

2 Likes