Showers consume 10% or more of Cape Town’s water resources annually. Most of the water that goes down the drain during a shower can be reused in some form or another. TinyLoop wants to give everyone back the experience of relaxing, guilt-free showers while continuing to save water.
TinyLoop is a compact, portable, device that allows everyone an almost-infinite shower experience by recycling the same 10L (or less) of water. TinyLoop works seamlessly in any existing bath or shower and can also be used outdoors, or practically anywhere you want. TinyLoop was inspired by Showerloop.org and is currently in prototype phase.
Desired Hackathon Goal:
TinyLoop is looking to improve the prototype in the following areas (in order of importance):
- Grey water filtration
- System optimization (components, sizing & build)
- Cost reduction
- Inline heating
Showerloop is looking to improve the product in the following areas:
- Hack the drain to capture water, with a production method in mind.
- Grey water and black water filtration specialists with experience in small scale applications.
- Electronic and water systems engineers with experience in system optimization.
- Industrial designer with experience in AutoCAD.