[TASK] Find engage Speakers for our 5min Video messages

Thank you!

It was just weird because in the e-mail I explained about the Event…maybe they just want more details (I’m sorry I forgot to put you as a CC)

ah, no problem, i think it is ok, if you do the emailing and just ping the rest of the team, if any important questions pop up, we should decide together.

ah, and remember, this is a public thread. So lets be careful with quoting private emails.

Hey @eliana & @Lars2i as regard Mr. McDonough, its great that they responded BUT we have to be super explicit on the open source aspect. I love the cradle to cradle aspect. Its one of the book that inspired me a few years ago. But I’m also completely against their proprietary approach!!!

It’s far away from what we mean by open source. So if he is in great, but his talk has to be adapted to the OSCEdays. It can be tricky, its already hard to make people understand well what is open source. Highlighting cradle to cradle can be confusing. I won’t consider them as ideal ambassador of the OSCEdays. Once again, cradle to cradle is a great initiative and great source of inspiration but the same values

And I have to say that I don’t really mind if we don’t get him in. Like all “famous” key note speakers, if I want to see them I google them. I’m more keen on quality speakers that I cannot find on Ted or whatever others mainstream conferences, like Franck for instance.

1 Like

Hi Lars. If it may help, I did events and worked a bit as a volunteer with David Li for xinchejian when I was living in Shanghai.Can help connect if reply takes too long.cheers,

I recommend Clement Renaud (see:http://clementrenaud.com/), though he may not fall into the “fame” category (yet;-).
We met in Shanghai, he’s been writing stuff with David Li, is phd (for reference:p), has worked for EU as expert sent in china on opensource topic, has experimented on dataviz (linked to journalism), is a teacher/china-france opensource teacher for 1 year at Paris Tech. Can make intro if u need (he’s a friend).
PS: FYI if david li takes too long to reply, Clement and I know the 2 other cofounders(min li and ricky ye). Cheers~

1 Like

Hi @Gien , you may find this thread interesting, if you’ve not already seen, regarding possible videos from a variety of experts. Think you said you’d contacted a few for google hangout/ webcast.

Hi habsinn, David Li is in and he recorded a message already :-), jeai!
btw. David is (one of) the local organizer(s) in Shenzhen

1 Like

Cool to read that the center of (opensource) hardware of the world is part of OSCEdays. well done!

1 Like

Hi @habsinn Jeai! And check this out: 1st Connection! & SHENZHEN Opening Ceremony