OSCEDays Kuala Lumpur 2018 : 2 - 3 June 2018

Hi! We will be hosting the OSCE Days in Me.reka Makerspace, in collaboration with Biji-biji Initiative, and we would like you to join us!

We Are

Me.reka Makerspace, an innovative and alternative education space, created to challenge the limits of 21st Century designing and making.

We aims to nurture the seeds of creativity; developing talent and entrepreneurs for the industries and businesses that will shape the future of tomorrow.

Are you an entrepreneur who wants to attend a master class by an industry expert? A budding new student who wants to explore a new field? A local community member looking for a collaboration to design and make their next prototype?

As an impact-driven enterprise, we aim to provide an inclusive space for people from all backgrounds with access to state-of-the-art tools, industry expertise and educational programs.

True to its name, “ME.REKA”, is the Malay word which stands for both a reference to a collective, and also a verb referring to the action of creating.

www.mereka.my

We Will

Our aim for the OSCEDays this year is to inspire, educate and create awareness on the ‘circular economy’ concept, straying away from the traditional linear economy, giving way towards a more sustainable future. We wish to bring circular economy initiatives and sustainability experts together with the open source approach.

We will be promoting to the public sustainable living practices through interactive, thought-provoking activities and hands-on workshops. There will also be a marketplace, providing the opportunities for the public to start their own journey towards a sustainable lifestyle by supporting environmentally and socially conscious local brands.

Those who come for the fun will be pleasantly surprised by the other installations we have in store!

Date & Location

Date: 2nd & 3rd June 2018, Saturday and Sunday
Time: 11am - 8pm
Venue: Me.reka Makerspace, Publika

Program

Activities:

Alternative Energy Playground - A variety of playground items that can generate electricity, provoking the public to think of various ways we can generate electricity

Workshops - Targeted to general public of various ages

Bicara - Field experts in Malaysia, two-way sharing session discussing about specified topics related to sustainable living, circular economy

Zero waste challenge - Can YOU get through the challenge??

Contact

Drop us an email at events@mereka.my and we will pick it up from there!
Let’s work together for a sustainable future!

3 Likes