New Category System for the Forum

Hi @unteem @cameralibre and I met today in Berlin to find a new category structure for the forum. This is, what we came up with:

##Channels

###_Circular Textiles / Digital Manufacturing / Recycling / Reusing / + Some more … / Other

-> Those channels are for communication around subjects. What the Channels are we will find out by reviewing what was done last year and in the discussion below (see first reply).

-> Sketch for the text about „Choosing a Channel“: What if i have an education project about building furniture reusing circular textiles? In what channel should I put it? Well, the answer is easy. In circular economy everything can become everything. Where to draw the line? So just pick one topic that covers the main or one of the most important aspects and start. Crosspollination can follow from that. If you really feel like informing other channels too, then start a topic there as well and update people about progress in the main channel.

##Resources

###_Design Principles / Call for Skills / Working on Challenges / Introduce Yourself / Create an OSCEdays Blogpost

Plus a pinned topic: „List of Projects that are Open Source & Circular Economy“

##Community Organisation

###_Global: Platform Development / Global: OSCEdays Future / … / Abidjan / Berlin / Bogota / Cities …

-> So the old “Global Organisation” category will be in the cities main category.

##Agora

-> For all kinds of questions and off-topic discussions.

The new order means that:

• The City Categories are only for organisational purposes – challenges and content goes to the Channels.
  • There will also be tags for cities – therefor you can tag a challenge in the category „circular textiles“ for example with „London“ and „Berlin“.

Any ideas?

##Channel Categories

Here are my suggestions for the first Channels. It is 15 – reduced it as much as I could. I played with it for a while and everything I was looking at in the forum can easily find a place in this system.

• Circular Textiles
  • Recycling
  • Reuse & Repair
  • Furniture
  • Hardware
  • Places & Spaces
  • Education
  • Business
  • Energy
  • Communication
  • Managing Waste
  • Food
  • Mobility
  • Data & Code
  • Other

What about „Documentation“ and „Politics“? -> Can go right now to „Communication“ I think. But politics could look good.

„Recovery“? Mmmh. Good one. Maybe once there is more going on it could be a seperate category. But for now, all i have found in the forum on that can go to „Managing Waste“ or „Reuse & Repair“.

„Construction Methodologies“ – A place to find out how to develop a circular thing? I think can go right now to „Education“ … And we should have a category on that in „Resources“ as described above.

„Digital Manufacturing“ – I thought we need it, but everything we have in that category so far can easily go to „Hardware“ or „Places & Spaces“ not needed at all at this point i think. The tag is good though.

@unteem @cameralibre

@unteem after we agreed on a new system, don’t forget to take a screenshot from the current system and add it here.

Hi, sitting here with @unteem discussing the categories. This is the system that came out of our discussion:

• Circular Textiles
  • Reuse, Repair, Recycle
  • Furniture
  • Hardware
  • Places & Spaces
  • Education
  • Business
  • Energy
  • Food
  • Mobility
  • Data & Code
  • Other

Sound like a plan @sharmarval @TechnicalNature @cameralibre

ok, next ideas from the discussion here with @unteem

New general System

##Channels
… see above

##Resources

Tutorials and Methodologies | Call for Skills | How to use the platform | CE Design Principles

##Community Organisation

##Magazine

Blogposts | Introduce Yourself | Info Feed

Looks good! My only comment is why we have ‘circular’ before textiles and not any of the other categories? All of the categories are related to ‘circular’…so either we use it consistently or not at all.

1 Like