CHAT _ For Quick BoST & OSCEdays Association Questions

Hi, here is a topic to feedback, track and discuss the progress of the OSCEdays rebuilding. Let’s have the discussions about it there.

I posted a longer list with Ideas for ACTIONS here (updated). Check it out. I think it can explain a bit better, what the potential of ACTIONS could be.

@BoST – Here is the new Topic for Discussions and Planning on the OSCEdays-DIF-Festival Labs

####Circular City DIF Talks

@BoST or Community – If someone has free time or interest to do it – please go through the DIF schedule and collect all talks or activities related to the ‘Circular City’/‘Regenerative City’ and post it in our ‘Circular City’ topic as a list with dates, maybe even links.

@BoST

The DIF asked for a short bio for our video streaming opening the different phases of the Open Lab.

I sent this:

The Open Source Circular Economy Days (OSCEdays) is a global community and experiment to explore Open Source for Circular Economy. It was founded in 2014 and is guided by an open group of stewards embracing a transparent workflow and open and inclusive mind.

I hope this works for you.

Dear @BoST !

The #OSCEdays #OpenLabs on #CircularCities are starting today with a Live Streaming, Monday 7 NOV at 8pm GMT. Be there and spread the word!

2 Likes

##Suez Video

Wow @BoST . Have you seen this? Suez published a Video about their local OSCEdays event two days ago:

Very nice.

And they published an article about a card game they created too. Does anyone speak french? Is there a link to the raw data of the card game in the post. If so, we could reach out to the community to find someone to translate it and create an english version.

ARTICLE: http://www.ready-for-the-resource-revolution.com/un-jeu-de-cartes-en-open-source-pour-inciter-au-tri/

4 Likes

I have a friend in Brussels I can ask, together we should be able to write subtitles in German and English pretty easily, it’s not that much text.

Cool

1 Like

I’m just travelling on the train with Hille from ‘Volksentscheid Fahrrad’ (initiative “bicycle referendum” for improved infrastructure in Berlin), they might be interested to open source their experience in organizing a(n extremely successful) referendum for sustainabilily issues/ sustainable cities. Sugested to her that we can do an ACTION Protocol Hackathon for the next Berlin OSCEdays.

2 Likes

should we try to create a stream for the circular food system event in Berlin on saturday?

Can anyone help me to spread invitations and advertise this event more broadly?

1 Like

Check out this: http://www.iasc2017.org/calls/call-for-practitioners-labs/
What do you think? Should we apply?

could you send the info and press release, please?
I may share it with my friends.

Thank you. I haven’t got feedback from @Frans on the streaming/video question so I don’t know if we will manage to do anything in that direction.

I now managed to write to quite a few people but it’s very short notice, so I don’t know what will happen. I also only have a German language invitation for Berliners that I sent out today:

1 Like

@transitionmica, yes we could do a streaming, if you are really up for it, and you think there is enough going on to communicate. We would need to prepare a protocol for that, too. I am not 100% sure I can make it to the Baumhaus, alternatively I can be part of the streaming online and we make it a Q-and-A about your brainstorm and the food policy paper. And we would need to test tech and so before, I propose we should do this on Friday, i.ex. at 3pm CET.

But actually I tend to be more pro a “what happened at OpenLabs” streaming next week and hear a report of what happened at Baumhaus, and also other events. @Lars2i what do you think? Our experiences with these “Live from the Event” streamings are so la la. They are easily getting a bit chaotic and messy. The best streaming was the second streaming, where we had clear and well prepared inputs.

I thought of summing up the food ACTION experiment somehow on Friday while the DIF is still on, but we can also do it next week. It would then be good to have someone to document the event a bit so we have some pics. As I have no free hands due to my crutches I can’t do that myself this time.

Once I tried out the format I’m also happy to write a Protocol for it (it’s a mix of “world café” and the Berlin format “Sustainability Drinks”).

Should I also try to throw in the Urban Gardening workshop I did last week as an ‘event’? I did tell people about OSCE but it may be a bit far fetched…

It was an interesting workshop format though, rather creative and a lot more fun than power point.

P.s. IPU mean ‘Initiative Psychologie im Umweltschutz’ - it was a German-wide conference of psychologists who work in environmentalism (or plan to do so)

1 Like

@transitionmica how was the event today?
how do you feel these days?

1 Like

I may translate it in Russian and maybe ask someone to translate it in Chinese

the event was small but still worth it, I learned a lot from talking to people offline. A documentation will follow the next days, once I’m done with my work where I have to keep a deadline.

My leg is getting better, but it will take a long time. Thanks for asking.

It’s alsways great when things get translated into other languages, not everyone is fluent in English. The ACTION Protocol still needs a lot of work before it’s worth the work of translating though. Which parts do you plan to translate? Let me know if you have any questions.

2 Likes

I may translate the parts you see are the main for a project. Just let me know when you feel it is done.

get well soon!