CHAT _ For Quick BoST & OSCEdays Association Questions

I could give access to my channel for this. Or, What do you need? I could send you also the RAW-Video and you could create a version with subtitles. Then we can replace the video or put a link to it in the other one.

@Clemens is at it right now, trying out the wikihow- instructions to see if they are any good http://www.wikihow.com/Write-Closed-Captions-for-YouTube

1 Like

Hey @BoST & all

Just want to share a beautiful story I learned about this week. I ran at a conference into Maria from the Sao Paulo Lab. She was last year at OSCEdays Berlin and got inspired by a challenge about a pedal powered mulcher chopper. She mirrored the challenge in her hometown on the other side of the globe and there is a working mulcher chopper in use now in a community garden! So one more time one OSCEdays event reached across the globe and made impact.

She was today at our OSCEsaturday giving a presentation about it (images behind the link). She is creating a really fantastic step-by-step-tutorial for the mulcher chopper at the moment. All will be shared open source at their website. And she might also going to write a post for our blog about it.

3 Likes

@BoST & all

check this. Someone created a translation of the Make: Circularity Poster (found on Facebook / also in our group).

by

3 Likes

I like the design, will try to do a German version before the maker faire

@transitionmica Have you seen there are several design versions in the original topic also a new version of the english text. I will create a new version of the design before Maker-Faire. If you have a german translation ready by then I can create the new design in german right away. But … mmmh. Let’s create the german version in a separate topic. I think it will have some iterations and we should keep the main topic on track.

1 Like

I will traslate to spanish and italian. Maybe @Nagstaly can help?

1 Like

@RicardoRug @transitionmica Hi, Maybe we should open one topic for all translations?

2 Likes

yes! It is a good idea. Here we will have the opportunity to print some things this year and I would like to distribute some in some fablabs. Maybe this can be helpful for other cities.

2 Likes

Cool. It looks like there will be another sentence added to the family. But the rest of the content should be complete. So you could start the translation.

And as for the design. I plan to create a new iteration in the coming 2-3 weeks. Also with Word/Libre Office. So it will be pretty easy to create a translated version.

The hyperlink from the action protocol for the biodigester on the web-page is broken. I think a few more of them are also not working…maybe something we can fix at the weekend.

1 Like

Hi everyone, I know it’s bad timing: I’ll be out of order but for the most urgent stuff for the next 6-8 weeks. That means that I won’t be joining Bost-calls and will reduce my activities to the stuff in Berlin that is already online (makerfaire, cyceloo-iteration). Sorry to desert you at this point.

On the website can we add the dates of the Docu-Days events at the end of the page, that way it is easier to tell which link to click on: https://oscedays.org/docu-days/

I know there is another thread for forum related comments, but I couldn’t find it…

Hi all,

I just learned that our Forum is now 40 € a month.

This is quite a lot. And will become a problem real quick if we don’t find some money.

There will be another invoice for the website also soon.

Okay, let’s discuss it in the next @BoST call.

Hi Lars,

I assume that it is open source so the data is exportable from the website and can be easily imported into another website/database?

2 Likes

Hi Gien. Yes. I already found out. Hosting the forum will always not be cheap. But we can have it cheaper. As soon there is time I will try with support of @huelfe to transfer the forum to another hoster. But it will still be 30 € per month. And we will be safe with 30 € for a long long time. While it will not take long for Digital Ocean (our current hoster) and we will be up to 60 € a month.

Hi Lars,

i have talked to Dr Renault from Ptj (Project sponsor Jülich ), who is inchage of the competence field resource Efficiency / circular Economyi. we discussed about potential possibilities of funding OSCEdays. there are some very positive news and i will get further information next week. i hope it will work out.

3 Likes

Very Cool Qing! Jeai.

If you like you can join our Board Of Stewardship Call Next monday 7pm GMT = 21:00 Berlin Time:

Just send me your Skype ID via private message and I’ll add you to the call.

Hi Lars, thanks for the invitation, i d like to join you on monday

1 Like